4 of our FA we MUST re-sign... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 of our FA we MUST re-sign...

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Reaction score
We do not have that many big name free agents this year (as of now). We also do not have much space to re-sign the FAs we do have. But here are four guys we must re-sign and why:
  1. T Buck (UFA) - had a great year as 3rd CB solidfying D and making lots of big plays and few mistakes. Fletcher will be gone so 3rd CB is like starting position we need to fill
  2. T Minor (RFA) - I am suprised they have not tried playing Minor on D because he plays everywhere else. He is an extremely valuable player for our ST and especially as a backup for Ricky. Since luckily RW was healthy, we did not see that much of Minor, but he just seemed to make better YPC than RW when he was in there. A no braininer to re-sign IMO
  3. Tommy Hendricks (UFA) - like Minor someone our ST needs - he is a PB level ST player. Proved he can be a solid backup LB this year by playing for both Zach and Jr - another must re-sign
  4. Morlon Greenword (RFA) - starting OLB are not cheap and easy to come by. Greenword has improved and is a steady, if unspectacular, LB. Worth tendering at starting OLB prices, i.e. 1 mil
    [/list=1]

Agreed...I think you hit the nail on the head with Travis and TBuck..I never wanted TBuck to leave in the first place (Odd how things work out)

Travis is a trooper and always produce behind Ricky. His ST play is an asset as well.

I also think we need to keep OGun as well. You cant just give up on proven talent. JMHO

I understand your pont of view but other than Buckley these players can be replaced. Buckley can be replaced too but he is a clutch player.

Originally posted by Merman
I understand your pont of view but other than Buckley these players can be replaced. Buckley can be replaced too but he is a clutch player.

but if you replace you own players, i.e.a Hendricks or Minor how do not kno you are not getting a stiff. For the $$$, theese guys are worth keeping IMO

Originally posted by phins054
I also think we need to keep OGun as well. You cant just give up on proven talent. JMHO
I would love to sign OGu LT, but if you look at what we are paying JT, J Will and D Bo, we cannot afford to play OGun what he is worth - which is like 5mil/year

Originally posted by dolphan39

but if you replace you own players, i.e.a Hendricks or Minor how do not kno you are not getting a stiff. For the $$$, theese guys are worth keeping IMO

I would love to sign OGu LT, but if you look at what we are paying JT, J Will and D Bo, we cannot afford to play OGun what he is worth - which is like 5mil/year

Strange, we already know what the second tier players can do and most complain about the production. We need a better return game and OLB complaints were coming out of our ears. Sure you can blame it on the ST coach but how many times have coaches looked like geniuses because the players make plays???

Now when we find a Super Star we can't afford him??? That makes no sense to me. You pay the people who perform and make the tough decisions on the players who don't perform up to their contracts, whether its $650k up to $6.5m.

tough decisions on the players who don't perform up to their contracts, whether its $650k up to $6.5m.

Merman,
Then who do you imply we cut/not resign to retain Ogun? Just curious who at 6.5m you do not think is producing? JT? Madison?

I like all of them, expect OLB M. Greenwood....

I've watched this guy play, I've seen him make a few tackles here and there, but most of the time he's nearly invisible.....

I doubt we would feel any impact at all if he were to be replaced. I want a OLB who gets into it, and mixes things up more. One who plays with more intensity. Maybe he's limited based on the scheme, but I'd like to see him contribute more, and start making some plays on his own for a change....

I guess he deserves another year. He's cheap, so he's got that going for him....

REAL LB'S : One look at the Ravens LB core, and I cringe in fear. Even when MLB R. Lewis {the Ravens best defensive player} went down, they had an answer. These guys in Baltimore are all very strong LB's. The whole lot of them are nasty....

We've got one guy....Zach.:cry:

I love the new addition of OLB J. Seau, but he's only a temporary solution out there. We've got to start looking to the future at LB. MLB Z. Thomas isn't a spring chicken anyone either.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!:fire:

I like resigning T Buck and Greenwood.
HOwever I am fearful about overpaying for either Hendricks or Minor. Hendricks does not impress me and Minor wants more touches. With Moore coming back Hendricks is less of an issue and with (I believe Henry) our 7th rounder carying for 6.5 yrds per cary in the preseason I dont fear losing Minor as much either. If we can get them both cheap fine, but I dont want to pay much.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
I like resigning T Buck and Greenwood.
HOwever I am fearful about overpaying for either Hendricks or Minor. Hendricks does not impress me and Minor wants more touches. If we can get them both cheap fine, but I dont want to pay much.

There is no reason for either Minor or Greenwood not to be resigned. Both will be tendered at the min level and get payed the min for a 3rd year player. Hendricks will also be signed at the min. There is no point in letting these players go. Do you really enjoy watching Izzo and McGarrahan tearing it up on other squads special teams?

would love to see TBuck and Minor back in fins uniforms
clear.gif

Originally posted by Ferretsquig
Hendricks will also be signed at the min. There is no point in letting these players go. Do you really enjoy watching Izzo and McGarrahan tearing it up on other squads special teams?
:up: :yes: our coverage teams are as good as any in the NFL, but they will not stay that way if we keep losing our best STers every year the minute they become FAs

I say keep TBuck and trade Madison it might seem dumb but i am sick of him always getting burnt deep. His play has dropped off considerably

Originally posted by Oboy

Merman,
Then who do you imply we cut/not resign to retain Ogun? Just curious who at 6.5m you do not think is producing? JT? Madison?

Madison, both safeties, Greenwood, Fletcher, Ruddy, Fiedler and Seau deserve a pay cut. Surtain is a great player and I'm not saying he should be cut but do you think a cornerback should count about $8 million against the cap??? That's league leading QB money. Yes I know they are talking about $18 million for Manning but IMO that's insane. How are you expected to field the rest of the team???

The contract amounts that are being talked about for Ogunleye are the high side. Negotiations will start out there and should come down. A good agent knows he has to get his players to fit in the cap. If not and another team like the Vikings that have the cap room and the need take him, so be it.

With a salary cap in place the money has to balance with the talent and team overall or the whole team suffers.

Minor might get a little more cash than the average backup RB. I think he could be a starter in this league. Every play he's in, he plays like it's his last play. I love him, and if Ricky got hurt I would feel real comfortable with him in there.

Originally posted by dolphan39
We do not have that many big name free agents this year (as of now). We also do not have much space to re-sign the FAs we do have. But here are four guys we must re-sign and why:
  1. T Buck (UFA) - had a great year as 3rd CB solidfying D and making lots of big plays and few mistakes. Fletcher will be gone so 3rd CB is like starting position we need to fill
  2. T Minor (RFA) - I am suprised they have not tried playing Minor on D because he plays everywhere else. He is an extremely valuable player for our ST and especially as a backup for Ricky. Since luckily RW was healthy, we did not see that much of Minor, but he just seemed to make better YPC than RW when he was in there. A no braininer to re-sign IMO
  3. Tommy Hendricks (UFA) - like Minor someone our ST needs - he is a PB level ST player. Proved he can be a solid backup LB this year by playing for both Zach and Jr - another must re-sign
  4. Morlon Greenword (RFA) - starting OLB are not cheap and easy to come by. Greenword has improved and is a steady, if unspectacular, LB. Worth tendering at starting OLB prices, i.e. 1 mil
    [/list=1]

1. I agree with all of those, espicially TBuck. Buckley did a very good job for us this year and losing him would be huge. He won't cost us a lot of money and letting him leave would be a huge mistake.

Back
Top Bottom