4 Receiver Set | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 Receiver Set

Originally posted by zachseau13
I think that the more formations that you can effectively deploy, the more difficult it will be to defend against your team

Exactly

Originally posted by dolphan39

The real question is when it is a 3rd and 10. That is when you are not running the ball, so why not go 4 wides to get the most speed past the first down marker.

My view on that is this:
1) McM will be as effective as our 4th WR in that situation, plus he adds additional blocking - though he'll usually be split wide in that situation.

2) We also have an additional blocker in which helps on a screen to Ricky. That was effective at Dallas with Emmit and I think it can be here. I suspect we'll add that dimension and threat. So, what that does is it keeps the DB's a bit more honest, instead of playing absolutely for the downfield throw to one of the 4 WR's. It just changes the dimensions of the game.

I'm watching the Pat's game..the last one, man o man, and I'm watching the phins use the 4 WR set pretty often...

Obviously, whatever we did in that game did not work. Other than the nice TD strike to McKnight (32 yds), our passing game was hideous in that game. The end result of that game was that Dedric Ward was our top Receiver and not Chris Chambers.

Staying with the 2 WR set will give us a better matchup with McMichael covered by an LB... or at least attempting to cover him.

Back
Top Bottom