4 WR sets | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

4 WR sets

Jeep

Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey...

Did you guys notice the Dolphins lined up in the 4 WR set against Washington?? I noticed it like late 3rd Qtr or early 4th Qtr and I couldnt believe my eyes..

I think that was a first time ever this season.....

Kudos to Norv

Yeah I noticed it too, and they should spread the field more often. That way sometimes they can give the ball to Ricky, and if he gets past the line...Look Out!

I've been looking for that all year too. It was good to see some "originality". This should also take some pressure of the QB in that you don't have LBs ready to blast him. We need more motion, too.

4 RECEIVER SET IS SOMETHING I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR ALL SEASON,
1- CANT STACK THE BOX CAUSE J OR BRIAN CAN ALWAYS DUMP OFF TO AN OPEN RECEIVER EVEN IF ITS A 5 YD GAIN
2 WE SPREAD THE FEILD TO GET OUR PASING GAME STARTED
3 WE ELIMINATE 10 MEN IN THE BOX TO OPEN UP FOR RICKY

BUT ITS NOT THE FIRST TIME ALL YEAR I THINK WE DID IT ONCE AGAINST INDY AND LAST WEEK OR THE WEEK B4 I SAW IT ONCE OR TWICE TOO

we never went to 4 WRs AFAIK, i.e. we took McMichael out ?

other than that I have seen McMichael split a few times for sure

Going to the 4 wr set more often, a few more play action passes and DT catching a few and we may have an offense again.

i think we should go 4 WR set and then go two tight end and swith it up but pass too out of the two tight end. u want to open up the offense? get ricky the ball in the passing game over the middle.

Everyone always wants to see big spread formations and 4 WR sets but I personally don't know how much I like that idea on this team. You go 4 WRs and who comes out? McMichael and Konrad, relatively speaking, two of the best players on the offense. McMichael has to be considered a Top 10 TE (if not quite top five yet) and Konrad is one of the best FBs in the league as well. Not to mention, Norv Turner's schemes are not 4-WR set friendly, nor do we have a QB that could sit in the pocket and pick and choose their targets like a Brett Favre or Peyton Manning, nor do we have an offensive line that could protect our QB for the required amount of time to get something going on a spread formation.

Just picture this I know you are worried about the blitz but what about when the defense does NOT blitz. We're out there with Chris Chambers, Derrius Thompson, James McKnight, and Oronde Gadsden (or Kendall Newson) trying to find mismatches with each man covered by a CB with safety help almost definitely on Chambers? For that to work you need to give the QB a good 3 seconds at least to get that ball out to the right spot and guess what, our OL is not blocking DLs for that long. And I'm not just talking about Wade Smith. If its not Wade Smith getting turnstyled, its Todd Wade, or its Todd Perry, or Jamie Nails.

And when we run from the spread formation, do you really think our OL is good enough at run blocking to take out the DL and then make it to the second level to interfere with any linebackers? Do you think Ricky will all the sudden become another Warrick Dunn or Barry Sanders speedster? Thats not Ricky's game. Thats not our offense's game.

Pretty much in no way is our offense suited to run the spread offense. Its just not built that way, and you can lay blame on the coaches for not building it that way all you want but you can't blame them for not doing it in the game much if at all because like our old OL coach once said "you can't turn chicken **** into chicken salad"

Originally posted by phintech
I've been looking for that all year too. It was good to see some "originality". This should also take some pressure of the QB in that you don't have LBs ready to blast him. We need more motion, too.

Um, the Dolphins have someone go in motion, or shift on every single play.....

Back
Top Bottom