49'ers fan sues over Seahawks’ ticket policy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49'ers fan sues over Seahawks’ ticket policy

NY8123

The Fixer
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I read this write-up and I am just shaking my head in disbelief. What a dumbass trying to find a nut :

“They’re always boasting up there about their 12th player and everything else,” John E. Williams III told the Associated Press on Friday. “But by allowing the NFL to decide who can or cannot attend the games, you make it an unfair game. Seattle fixed it.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/28/49ers-fan-sues-over-seahawks-ticket-policy/related/

This has got to be one of they dumbest things I have read in awhile, he can't even get the term right of "12th man" and he is bitching about his right (which he still has) to buy a ticket that the douche won't even buy.

It's just :bobdole: over the **** people sue for now.

I would move for sanctions against the plaintiff's attorney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought he actually made a good underlying point. I mean, its not going anywhere and hes going to get slapped down, but he made a point that should be made more often when it comes to the league.

His case revolves around the fact that the NFL receives public money. As such, tickets should be available to the entire public, not just the districts a team prefers to sell to.

I applaud this lawsuit. Not because i think the man was damaged nor do i think the Seahawks fixed the game, but because we need more lawsuits about the NFL's tendency to be a public institution when it comes to paying for things(stadium upgrades, taxes, etc) but a private business when it comes to profits.

I thought he actually made a good underlying point. I mean, its not going anywhere and hes going to get slapped down, but he made a point that should be made more often when it comes to the league.

His case revolves around the fact that the NFL receives public money. As such, tickets should be available to the entire public, not just the districts a team prefers to sell to.

I applaud this lawsuit. Not because i think the man was damaged nor do i think the Seahawks fixed the game, but because we need more lawsuits about the NFL's tendency to be a public institution when it comes to paying for things(stadium upgrades, taxes, etc) but a private business when it comes to profits.

Legally, whatever public money the Seahawks might get (you could make an argument that all businesses get public money one way or the other) has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. It's a silly lawsuit that wastes the limited resources of the court system. The $50 million damages claim makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

Hopefully the court publicly reprimands this lawyer.

Legally, whatever public money the Seahawks might get (you could make an argument that all businesses get public money one way or the other) has nothing to do with the price of tea in China. It's a silly lawsuit that wastes the limited resources of the court system. The $50 million damages claim makes the whole thing even more ridiculous.

Hopefully the court publicly reprimands this lawyer.

So the public giving money to the league but members of the public not being given the chance to enjoy the leagues product has nothing to do with each other. Um...okay.

Hopefully this lawsuit shines more light on the hypocritical and preferential treatment the league has received for decades and forces the NFL to adjust their business practices with the public. Granted, 0 chance of that actually happening, but one can hope.

And your right, most businesses receive public money in one form or another. Its a practice that is becoming more and more of a problem. No need to exacerbate the issue by letting the NFL do damn near whatever they feel like. The NFL is hardly the worst offender when it comes to that practice, but they are one of the more visual examples. Im all for knocking them down a peg.

Back
Top Bottom