49er's Get Their Man.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49er's Get Their Man....

Give me a break! They want to fricken win. That's it, that's the bottom line. Cottrell? Blache? Any of them ready for a headcoaching position? Who knows. At least they know this Erickson sucker has coached before.

I am not saying they have made the right decision by any means. But the upsurdity of hiring a losing white coach over a winning black coach is just unbelievable. Especially when considering the typical team owner is a money grubbing entreprenuer. When it comes down to it ladies and gentlemen, these teams aren't about race, gender, records, individual career stats, competition or sportsmanship, it's all based on the bottom dollar. A winning team, especially San Fransico, brings in way more loot if they win then if they lose.

Nothing is gained by bringing in a coach because he is white. All that matters is the win column.

You may be correct...

... I just think it's a lil harsch to jump the conclusions some have already jumped to. Again you all may be right, I dunno.

Oliver...

Originally posted by RHoffman
I'll take the bait...then why would the Niners sit on Erickson's candidacy...the high school recruiting period...come on...that was over last week.

If you really think that the niners really had any intention of hiring the two minority candidates, I think that you are kidding your self.

I certainly support hiring the best coach possible no matter what his race or ethnicity, but I don't think the Niners did this here.

I know this is just my opinion Oliver...so I will just leave it that.

Originally posted by plc001
Give me a break! They want to fricken win. That's it, that's the bottom line. Cottrell? Blache? Any of them ready for a headcoaching position? Who knows. At least they know this Erickson sucker has coached before.

I am not saying they have made the right decision by any means. But the upsurdity of hiring a losing white coach over a winning black coach is just unbelievable. Especially when considering the typical team owner is a money grubbing entreprenuer. When it comes down to it ladies and gentlemen, these teams aren't about race, gender, records, individual career stats, competition or sportsmanship, it's all based on the bottom dollar. A winning team, especially San Fransico, brings in way more loot if they win then if they lose.

Nothing is gained by bringing in a coach because he is white. All that matters is the win column.

What you got to be kidding me !!!!!!!! they want to win ?????
Erickson was 31-33 with the Seahawks !!!!!

Cotrell got ripped off period !!!!!!!!

I'll have to agree with the Jets fan on this one. If they really "just wanted to win" they would have kept Mooch as coach instead of firing him. Instead, they went out, shammed a couple of interviews with minority coaches, and hired a loser for a coach without so much as a face to face interview.

As far as the None-errs not hiring Dennis Green, what other reason could there be but salary? He was absolutely the best coaching option out there, but the None-errs were looking for a cheaper option so they went to the recycle bin and pulled out Erickson.

At least the Lions and Matt Millen had the decency to come out and tell everyont that they wanted Mooch and that the other interviews were simply window dressing, the None-errs couldn't even do that; they actually lead several coaches on for several weeks until the national letter of intent day had passed and they got their man.

I look forward to seeing Erickson and the None-errs fail miserably since they're a perfect, dishonest, sham fit for one another.

P.S. How did we get a None-err fan on these boards???

Originally posted by Expo88
P.S. How did we get a None-err fan on these boards???

That is exactly the type of assuming I'm talking about. You see what appears to be obvious and automatically slap the label of truth on it. You draw crazy conclusions based on your limited perspective. You don't know what went on as far as finding a coach. But since you don't understand it you grasp at straws and the best you can come up is "The niners don't want to win"? Yeah, they also don't want to make money, cause their vision is blurred by radical racism.

Btw, I am not a Niners fan. I'm a dolphins fan.

Originally posted by plc001
That is exactly the type of assuming I'm talking about. You see what appears to be obvious and automatically slap the label of truth on it. You draw crazy conclusions based on your limited perspective. You don't know what went on as far as finding a coach. But since you don't understand it you grasp at straws and the best you can come up is "The niners don't want to win"? Yeah, they also don't want to make money, cause their vision is blurred by radical racism.

Btw, I am not a Niners fan. I'm a dolphins fan.

OK Mr. Self Righteous, riddle me this: where within my post or otherwise did I ever claim that the Niners didn't want to win? I'm not quite sure, but it appears as though you're the one drawing the conclusion here, not me. Also, I have added a certain level of conjecture and assumption into my argument, but I have the ability to draw my own conclusion on this case based upon what we all saw happen with the Niners sham coaching search. It was quite obvious that they were biding their time with the interviews of the assistants until the letter of intent day had passed, and they could safely pursue a collegiate candidate without ruining any recruiting efforts.

Obviously, based upon their immediate hiring of Erickson, had they really considered one of the other candidates a strong contender they would have hired him immediately. Instead, they lead the other so called candidates on and hired a recycled loser the first chance they had because they were comfortable hiring him.

Finally, what other conclusions am I, or anyone else on these boards for that matter, to draw about your NFL allegiance when you've posted 10 times and about half of those have been you ardently defending the None-errs coaching decision. Figure that one out brain child.

OK Mr. Self Righteous, riddle me this: where within my post or otherwise did I ever claim that the Niners didn't want to win?

Here's a quote for ya:

"If they really "just wanted to win" they would have kept Mooch as coach instead of firing him."

We have people up in arms over Wanny when all Wanny has done is win. Seems to me there is a similar situation in San Fran, they wanted someone to take them to the next level. So keeping Mooch wasn't an option.

Why does it have to be the Niners took advantage of the black coaches? Why not they took the opportunity to bring the coaches in see what they were about, weren't impressed and decided to go another way. I mean, is it such a stretch that Racism had nothing to do with anything here?

Finally, what other conclusions am I, or anyone else on these boards for that matter, to draw about your NFL allegiance when you've posted 10 times and about half of those have been you ardently defending the None-errs coaching decision. Figure that one out brain child.

But don't you see Expo, this is the point I am trying to make. You have the equilivant of 10 posts about this San Fran. situation and drawing conclusions.

All I'm saying is Racism did not play a part in this decision.

I have another path on which I think the 49ers went down with the coaching "search (?)".

I think that Bill Walsh and the GM Donahue wanted a head coach that they feel like they can control. The other candidates are great coaches and hopefully will get a shot one day, but they also were guys that could not be pushed around. Stoops from Oklahoma said no thanks. So did the coach from the Univ. of Washington. Why? They already had their programs on top and would not cow down to the "decrepid genius" (Walsh).
Denny Green will never let anyone push him around. He is a REAL head coach. So enters the other Dennis (Erickson). Now that the guys in charge of the 49ers have their kicking boy, lets all sit back and see what happens. If they win, they were geniuses, if not....feel the wrath.

Back
Top Bottom