49ers hired Tony Sparano as tight ends coach. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers hired Tony Sparano as tight ends coach.

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
49ers hired Tony Sparano as tight ends coach.

He's succeeding Eric Mangini, who will likely either be hired as the Raiders or 49ers' defensive coordinator. Sparano's background is mostly in coaching offensive lines, though he did work as a tight ends coach with the Redskins, Jaguars, and Cowboys in the early 2000s. The 49ers need to get more out of Vance McDonald and Derek Carrier. They may cut Vernon Davis.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter
Jan 22 - 2:26 PM

these clowns bounce around the league coaching one thing after another...its like once you get in no matter how bad you are at your job you can find work

these clowns bounce around the league coaching one thing after another...its like once you get in no matter how bad you are at your job you can find work

I never understood that. You're telling me there are no up and coming coaches out there who can outperform these dandelion-seed coaches that keep floating around the league? It really must be a good ol boys club. NFL exec: " Hey (insert GM name here) can you guys hire (insert name of complete failure coach) I think he'd really do well, all he needs is a tenth chance.

I never understood that. You're telling me there are no up and coming coaches out there who can outperform these dandelion-seed coaches that keep floating around the league? It really must be a good ol boys club. NFL exec: " Hey (insert GM name here) can you guys hire (insert name of complete failure coach) I think he'd really do well, all he needs is a tenth chance.

The NFL has always been a "good ol' boy network" although every once in a while an outsider manages to break in and make a name for himself.

Exactly, yet the Rooney Rule should be done away with because, ya know, the hiring process is legit. Black guys just aren't qualified enough.

FinHeaven told me.

Hey Tony put away a few Million. Now he gets to live in San Francisco and make a Hundred grand to coach the game he loves. Kind of like A Big Rock Star who used to play Arenas now making a quiet living in the clubs still doing what he loves. Tony did all right for himself and his family. Continues too. Good for him. (fist pump)

Back
Top Bottom