49ers, lock to draft Davis IMO | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers, lock to draft Davis IMO

or, they could trade down with denver. denver will draft davis and san francisco will get their pick between jackson or holmes.

I like the Niners to pick up the last of the three stud defenders (Williams, Hawk, and Huff) with that pick. I think it's probably Huff.

If they want a TE threat, they can position themselves to get one of the other three guys who will go by the top of round 3. If they want a receiver, they can gamble to see whether they can position themselves to get Holmes. The consolation prize would be Moss.

They have a very good TE in Eric Johnson, when he's healthy. I think they fill a bigger need by looking elsewhere.

Hmm...one first round underperformer for another...odd

kpcane said:
They have a very good TE in Eric Johnson, when he's healthy. I think they fill a bigger need by looking elsewhere.

Johnson is overrated.

PatsSuck456 said:
Johnson is overrated.

82 catches for 825 yards in your 3rd year? A one year injury does not equal being overrated. And it definitely doesn't warrant the drafting of a replacement.

Vernon is a beast. Whoever drafts him has a big-time player.

kpcane said:
82 catches for 825 yards in your 3rd year? A one year injury does not equal being overrated. And it definitely doesn't warrant the drafting of a replacement.
one-year injury? he's been injured every year but his rookie season. he's missed 2 of the last 3 seasons. when healthy, he's an adequate tight end, nothing more. if they don't draft davis, it won't be because of johnson.

Alex Smith will look worse than he actually is if they dont get him someone to throw the ball to. Alot of people on this board wanted Smith over Brown

UF Fin Kat said:
if they don't draft davis, it won't be because of johnson.

Exactly!

Vernon is probably the most athletic/pysically gifted player in this draft. They need to get Smith some weapons in order to succeed.

Look at what Gates did for Bree's career. Id take Vernon is I was SF, they need everything so nothing is out of the question but I think a solid draft behind taking Vernon would improve the team a lot.

UF Fin Kat said:
one-year injury? he's been injured every year but his rookie season. he's missed 2 of the last 3 seasons. when healthy, he's an adequate tight end, nothing more. if they don't draft davis, it won't be because of johnson.

You're right, he missed 2003 and 2005. In his rookie year and in 2004 he played in all 16 games, and in 2002 he played in 12 games. If he's healthy and is predicted to play, it would be very foolish for the 49ers to pick a TE @ 6th overall. You can still get an excellent weapon at TE in the early second round as insurance, but it's not their biggest need.

man i dont want davis to go to the niners because i like vernon and i hope he goes to a better team

Back
Top Bottom