49ers, lock to draft Davis IMO | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

49ers, lock to draft Davis IMO

finfansince72 said:
Look at what Gates did for Bree's career. Id take Vernon is I was SF, they need everything so nothing is out of the question but I think a solid draft behind taking Vernon would improve the team a lot.

exactly

kpcane said:
You're right, he missed 2003 and 2005. In his rookie year and in 2004 he played in all 16 games, and in 2002 he played in 12 games. If he's healthy and is predicted to play, it would be very foolish for the 49ers to pick a TE @ 6th overall. You can still get an excellent weapon at TE in the early second round as insurance, but it's not their biggest need.

I think Wr is there biggest need so i could see them trying to trade down. If they are unable to trade down though I see them taking Vernon. He is a beast, Johnson can be his back-up. They need weapons on offense, otherwise Alex Smith will lose his confidence.

b_hjelmeland123 said:
I think Wr is there biggest need so i could see them trying to trade down. If they are unable to trade down though I see them taking Vernon. He is a beast, Johnson can be his back-up. They need weapons on offense, otherwise Alex Smith will lose his confidence.

A TE that can catch 82 balls a year with Tim Rattay is what I would consider a weapon.

and davis is a much better weapon. you can't count on johnson because of his injury concerns. i've talked to niners fans, most of them really really want davis.

UF Fin Kat said:
and davis is a much better weapon. you can't count on johnson because of his injury concerns. i've talked to niners fans, most of them really really want davis.

Eagles fans really wanted Ricky Williams too, but it seems like management knew what the right thing to do was.

I'm surprised the 49ers still have fans.

Back
Top Bottom