5-3 by a total of 13 points | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5-3 by a total of 13 points

lotion

Jane Gum
Reaction score
Not so bad. We have yet to be blown out. Houston was 1 point, we were knocking on the door until the INT. NE was a long TD (6 points) because JT took a down off and Brady had time to make a big play. Indy (6 points) came down to a fumble by BG in the redzone.
So really, we are talking 13 points off of 3 bonehead plays. If those go the other way we could be undefeated right now. And no one has really been impressive yet, except for McMike and CC and our D.
Things can only get better. Freeney is a top draft pick, the coaches should have had help for Smith on EVERY play. PERIOD. Hell, we should have lined up Donald Lee over there and run straight at Freeney with Ricky for 2 straight series just to beat him down some. That's how you help our LT.
This won't happen again. The Tennessee game will define the season, but it's looking good because our secondary owns McNair. Madison picked him 3 times in one game, we had an 18-0 shutout of them a few years ago and that was without Ricky.
Let everyone smoke Belichicks pole right now, it's good for everyone to think we suck.

I forgot to mention that in the NE game our kicker choked twice.

I don't think Chambers has been impressive. He has played very well but he's still not producing EACH game has an #1 receiver.

The 6 TD are impressive, but he has only 31 catches.

McMichael has 29 catches, so who's really our gotoguy when we need a big play ?

One sure thing it isn't Thompson.
:shakeno:

The whole NFL stinks so much, 5-3 is not bad. Its going to come down who gets the hot hand the last 8 games

Had our kicker made 2 field goals that he missed... Miami would be 7-1 right now.. But no reason to look in the past.. Already done and over with..

I've been a fan for 27 yrs and I flew to Miami from Pittsburgh just to see the game and I left pissed off, and it wasn't just because of our performance. We were louder when the phins had the ball than we were when Indy had it. I was hoarse from yelling the whole time on defense but the fans who barely cheered on defense screamed when we had the ball on offense. Don't you realize the offense would like silence to run thier plays??? It is supposed to be home field advantage. And to all those people who wouldn't sit in the 10 minute rain you should be ashamed to call yourselves fans. What are you gonna melt??? And those who left with 6 minutes to go in the game are even worse. What could you possibly have better to do on a sunday afternoon than to watch our dolphins play. I almost missed my flight. I absolutley hate the fans in pittsburgh but at least they know when to cheer and when to be quiet, also they sit through freezing weather and snow just to watch. A 10 minute rain in pittsburgh means real smashmouth football. If your just there to tailgate and socialize give up your seats and let the real phin fans watch the game. I spent hundreds of dollars and missed time from work just to support our team. I only get to see road games and get tortured from opposing fans but somehow I still felt cheated from my experience from our home field. If your taking offence to this know this should have been said a long time ago, others who aren't taking offence know what I'm talking about.....

Originally posted by Mdolphins18
I've been a fan for 27 yrs and I flew to Miami from Pittsburgh just to see the game and I left pissed off, and it wasn't just because of our performance. We were louder when the phins had the ball than we were when Indy had it. I was hoarse from yelling the whole time on defense but the fans who barely cheered on defense screamed when we had the ball on offense. Don't you realize the offense would like silence to run thier plays??? It is supposed to be home field advantage. And to all those people who wouldn't sit in the 10 minute rain you should be ashamed to call yourselves fans. What are you gonna melt??? And those who left with 6 minutes to go in the game are even worse. What could you possibly have better to do on a sunday afternoon than to watch our dolphins play. I almost missed my flight. I absolutley hate the fans in pittsburgh but at least they know when to cheer and when to be quiet, also they sit through freezing weather and snow just to watch. A 10 minute rain in pittsburgh means real smashmouth football. If your just there to tailgate and socialize give up your seats and let the real phin fans watch the game. I spent hundreds of dollars and missed time from work just to support our team. I only get to see road games and get tortured from opposing fans but somehow I still felt cheated from my experience from our home field. If your taking offence to this know this should have been said a long time ago, others who aren't taking offence know what I'm talking about.....

I couldn't have described it any better myself.

I don't know what it is. . . . .

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
I don't think Chambers has been impressive. He has played very well but he's still not producing EACH game has an #1 receiver.

The 6 TD are impressive, but he has only 31 catches.

McMichael has 29 catches, so who's really our gotoguy when we need a big play ?

One sure thing it isn't Thompson.
:shakeno:

I think the OL comes into play here. As some who have been able to attend games have pointed out, the receivers (namely Chambers) are getting open for the most part. But the QBs aren't getting time to hit them or let the routes develop.

Originally posted by Mdolphins18
Hey, Mdolphins. I agree with the importance of what you're saying, but more importantly... I just hadda say it was a pleasure meeting you at the Giants game. That game had to have made for a pleasant drive back thru Pennsy.:D

Back
Top Bottom