5-3 start isn't what Dolphins had in mind | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

5-3 start isn't what Dolphins had in mind

Yeah, they wanted to go 8-0 so when they inevitably went 3-5 in the last 8 games we could still have 11 wins. :rolleyes:

Jeez, these guys are pitiful. Get me someone with some freaking ATTITUDE on this team!

here was what Alex was offering as hope
Fortunately for the Dolphins, only six of the other 15 AFC teams are above .500. Even with a 4-4 finish in their remaining eight games, the Dolphins still seem in good position for a wild-card spot.
:rolleyes:

we can go 11-5 it is possible this season is not over lets not give up until we see what we can do sunday

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
we can go 11-5 it is possible

Mathematically it's possible for us to go 13-3. But I wouldn't bet the house on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yes it is and you are right but we can still win at least 6 or 7 more games anybody that doesnt think so isnt a true fan and should not watch the rest of the season just give up now.

Originally posted by tenndolfan4ever
yes it is and you are right but we can still win at least 6 or 7 more games anybody that doesnt think so isnt a true fan and should not watch the rest of the season just give up now.

That's utter BS. That's like telling a San Diego Charger fan that they aren't a TRUE fan unless they believe the Chargers will go undefeated the rest of the way, pick up a wildcard spot and wind up winning the Superbowl. That wouldn't make them a real fan, it would make them psychotically ignorant.
As a Dolphin fan who has watched this team for 30 years, I know enough about them to know that they won't be going 6-2 or 7-1 in the last 8 games and they won't be going anywhere in the playoffs with this offensive line, these WRs and this coaching staff.
I will still ROOT for them to go to the SB, and root for them to win every game, and I desperately WANT them to, but WANTING something doesn't mean it's going to happen. If that were true, I would have won the lottery about 400 times now.

understand that the last 30 years have nothing to do with this year and you might feel a little better. yes, the o-line is horrible and yes, the WR corps is painfully thin, but if the past had anything to do with this year you could quit your job and make your living in vegas. this team has been in every game. the only one i feel they didn't have a GOLDEN chance to win was the texans game, and i'm sure people could argue they had a chance to win that one. it will be VERY difficult for this team to win on the road in december playing the way it is now (i.e. the running game in particular) but i can't tell you exactly how they're going to play in december and i certainly can't base it on anything that has happened in the past.

Originally posted by DPlus47
understand that the last 30 years have nothing to do with this year and you might feel a little better.

The last 30 years is the only thing that keeps me rooting for this team at all. This year most certainly DOES have something to do with the immediate past--the last 3 and a half seasons under Wannstedt. And there is nothing in those 3 and a half seasons to make me think he is about to suddenly turn into a coaching genius in the last 8 games.

The 3 games that the Fins lost were really close. If Houston didn't have that last second drive and Mare made a field goal, Fins would've won. If Pats didn't have that last second play and Mare made a field goal, Fins would've won. If Indy, you get the point. Luck's not with Miami. But if the O-line can watch Griese's back and maybe another FA lineman can help open holes for ricky, we can win the rest of our games

I actually felt that was a good article.. very to the point and honest. I like Alex, he has always given good points of view (IMO). I believe we can go 12-4 or 11-5 this season. With the fact that we have played bad at home and good on the road, im not so worried about those road games anymore. This team realizes where it is at and although the Offensive linemen we are looking at are old and out there for a reason, the veteran leadership they may bring to Smith and maybe even some other guys may prove helpful. Im trying to look at the positives of what we have. I really think that our biggest problem is that O-line... if it werent for that, things would look better. Ricky would have more yards, wide recievers would get better and more passes cause the QB would have more time. Somewhat fix the O-Line and the season will be better already... just my opinion.

:missmeth:

These are some pitiful fans.. Throwing in the towel after only one half of the season and losing to the Colts (2nd best team in NFL) by 6 points?? Losing to the Colts in a tight game constitutes Miami as done?? Griese had trouble all day with the pressure of the Colts blitzing and D-line, yet he still made plays out there and 230+ yards worth of time to throw.. All Sunday was was horrible scheming by the coaches to neglect help for Wade practically the entire game..

When the coaches give Wade Smith the help on Kearse or whoever he's facing.. I'm confident Griese will have time to spread the ball around to Chambers, McMichael, Lee and McKnight..

You all sound pathetic

Dont forget Miami's defense had their worst showing this year against the Coilts with horrible tackling and only allowing 23 points to a top 2 offense in this league..

Where's the pride??

All joking aside I don't why everyone is running for the hills around here. If you take care of business you will get a wild card spot. I just wouldn't expect to do a lot in the post season on the road.

Back
Top Bottom