- They are uninformed and employ lousy writers

2) The Sporting News!
- They have no Idea how to evaluate NFL Football teams

3) The Sporting News!
- Their player evaluations are laughable and totally unreliable

4) The Sporting News!
- They show no independent thinking

5) The Sporting News!
- I wouldn't take a free subscription to this magazine except to line my cat's litter box! A total waste of time and money!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here here...

:judge:

I'll drink to that...:drinkers:

Just because they think your team is overhyped you now hate them??

Well, I won't sit here and say that they're over hyped or what not just because they said my favorite team was overly hyped by everyone.

Hey, they're allowed to have their opinion. Mind you opinions are like butt holes, everyone's got one and they all stink.

I personally stopped reading rag's like TSN a long time ago. The only opinion I want to see is my own or someone that's at least educated and makes pointed facts in their statements.

But alas, they're allowed to say what they want. Doesn't make them right. And even if they are wrong, doesn't make them bad.

Thats pretty funny storm!!! I guess the writers for these RAGS are just taken off the street and have no background in sports what so ever!!!! GET REAL PEOPLE!!!!

I suppose you will find a more informed opinion on this board right??? :rolleyes:

Personally, I think sports writer's get a bad rap. It is impossible for them to completely analyze ALL 32 teams and know every single little detail about them. I mean look at how much time we spend analyzing the Dolphins. I would guess many of us are here several times a day taking part in many discussions... and we STILL disagree or don't know every aspect of out team. Now multiply that by every team in the league and it is impossible to really know every team in and out.

For the most part these guys number one job is a WRITER... not an analyst. Their job is to make something people want to read. Whether they think it is great or hate it... they are both good in the publication's point of view. I mean if there was nothing controversial in their articles... they would be boring and would not evoke a reaction out of the reader... which is all they are really after.

But... I sort of agree with the article... but it depends on your point of view. If you think over-rated means we will be AFC bottom-dwellers... than no we are not over-rated. But if you already writing them in for the AFC's spot in the Super-Bowl in January... with the MANY questions that still exist... than yes that would be a little bold and be over-rating the team in my opinion. I'm going to be optimistic and say they have as good a chance as anyone... but expecting them to be a powerhouse in the AFC is a little overboard.

Originally posted by grooves12
but expecting them to be a powerhouse in the AFC is a little overboard.

Or expecting the Bills to be contenders for a playoff spot :lol:

I don't know how the Bills fans take it. I just don't know what it's like to root for a losing NFL team.

Originally posted by grooves12
Personally, I think sports writer's get a bad rap. It is impossible for them to completely analyze ALL 32 teams and know every single little detail about them. I mean look at how much time we spend analyzing the Dolphins. I would guess many of us are here several times a day taking part in many discussions... and we STILL disagree or don't know every aspect of out team. Now multiply that by every team in the league and it is impossible to really know every team in and out.

For the most part these guys number one job is a WRITER... not an analyst. Their job is to make something people want to read. Whether they think it is great or hate it... they are both good in the publication's point of view. I mean if there was nothing controversial in their articles... they would be boring and would not evoke a reaction out of the reader... which is all they are really after.

But... I sort of agree with the article... but it depends on your point of view. If you think over-rated means we will be AFC bottom-dwellers... than no we are not over-rated. But if you already writing them in for the AFC's spot in the Super-Bowl in January... with the MANY questions that still exist... than yes that would be a little bold and be over-rating the team in my opinion. I'm going to be optimistic and say they have as good a chance as anyone... but expecting them to be a powerhouse in the AFC is a little overboard.

The NEWS is about something someone is trying to hide....Everything else is just advertising.

Back
Top Bottom