"5 reasons why the Tony Sparano Era didn’t work"-Ben Volin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"5 reasons why the Tony Sparano Era didn’t work"-Ben Volin

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
http://blogs.palmbeachpost.com/thedailydolphin/2011/12/13/5-reasons-the-tony-sparano-era-didnt-work/

good read, here are the 5 reasons listed, but the detail in each really makes you think it was doomed from the start. the 5 reasons themselves are faily obvious but the info behind each helps explain how and why it started, the one i found most interesting and the reason i gave this a "pathetic" title was the excerpt below in reason #5 about Tony's personality and how Parcell's really did seem to almost literally be using Sparano as a puppet which he could do whaetever he pleased, almost as the Wizard of Oz, where Parcells was behind the curtains bull****ing everyone

1. Chad Henne’s lack of development.

2. Conservative offense and coaching decisions.

3. Failure to develop a consistent offensive line.

4. Waiting too long to change his coaching philosophy.

5. Lack of personality.
"Parcells hates the pomp and circumstance of modern football, and you get the feeling he would rather play on an empty field in the middle of Kansas instead of in front of 80,000 fans. Which made Sparano, a blue-collar guy from New Haven, Conn. and a relatively anonymous offensive line coach with the Cowboys, the perfect fit to run Parcells’ program."

This should read " #1 reason why the Tony Sparano Era didn't work"

1. The dolphins selected Jake Long over Matt Ryan, end of discussion.

BarackObamaCrybaby-1.gif

ryan overrated. sorry, not end of discussion.
It's unbelievable how people are still bitching over Ryan...I could understand if he won something.....a Super Bowl, or at least a playoff game.

The draft was 4 years ago, the pain in some of your butts should be gone by now....

Heres my 5:

1) Bill Parcells paid big money to rule over a Pat White pick and many other things. Just ask JT.
2) Wildcat abuse. Killed Henne. Pat White again......ah sheeet.
3) Bill Parcells-Dan Henning
4) NO OL set. Draft OL bigtime. Always need great OL to be great.
5) Bill Parcells picked a non experienced guy to head his new team based on loyalty and then had none to everyone else in the end.

NO QB = everyone gets fired

Same issue we have had with the last FIVE regimes... NO freaking QB.

Hopefully this is the year they get a clue

Last I looked they both won the same number of play off games. Passing on Mallett and his upside, including ability to come up big when it counts, is gonna turn out in retrospect to be the big blunder.

Last I looked they both won the same number of play off games. Passing on Mallett and his upside, including ability to come up big when it counts, is gonna turn out in retrospect to be the big blunder.
Passing on Ryan is more a symptom of their disregard for the position than anything else. Passing on Mallett too exemplified that as well.

Heres my 5:

1) Bill Parcells paid big money to rule over a Pat White pick and many other things. Just ask JT.
2) Wildcat abuse. Killed Henne. Pat White again......ah sheeet.
3) Bill Parcells-Dan Henning
4) NO OL set. Draft OL bigtime. Always need great OL to be great.
5) Bill Parcells picked a non experienced guy to head his new team based on loyalty and then had none to everyone else in the end.

he picked a non experience guy to head his new team because he knew he could control him like a puppet on strings, he would do everything Parcell's says, you can tell in his press conferences and interaction with the media he was a Parcell's wired robot to play it safe and base his entire career around the offensive and defensive line

Good read and the # 5 was directly on target I thought. Tony is a good football guy, just not a HC. I am sure he is dynamite when he can turn his full attention to a particular job. HC demands you to be too many things to too many people. He couldn't handle it. End of story.

come up big? you will have to elaborate on that one. his senior year he broke his team's back in two big games with terrible throws against alabama and ohio state in the sugar bowl right after they got a blocked punt.

Back
Top Bottom