50 from Marino | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

50 from Marino

2 things that always stood out.

Marion’s quick release. The ball was “up and out” as how he was taught by his dad.

The velocity and arc on his deep passes were unreal. 50 yard passes on a rope!!

Not going to lie, I love old videos like this.

I was watching a Barry Sanders video the other day....literally the best skill position player ever, period. If his clone was in the draft I'd take him #1 overall and never look back.

Guys like Dan and Barry just did things I've never seen before or since.
I watched Sanders reel after reading your post-- I forgot how fast he was-- and how he could see a gap (beyond the crazy lateral moves and jukes) and hit it with no one being able to catch him.

I watched Sanders reel after reading your post-- I forgot how fast he was-- and how he could see a gap (beyond the crazy lateral moves and jukes) and hit it with no one being able to catch him.
Barry Sanders was my all time favorite non Dolphin player and I loved watching him every Thanksgiving growing up. I also always wanted him to leave the worthless Lions franchise and team up with Marino and our beloved Miami Dolphins. Could you imagine those two living legends playing together during the 90s??!🤓:WOW: Flat out unstoppable and imo they would have helped the Miami Dolphins win multiple Super Bowls

There are literally some plays where he gets hit from three sides at once and keeps his balance to go another 40 yards for a TD.

It's ridiculous. Sanders was in the NFL what Reggie Bush was in college, but with more power. On a team with 0 passing threat his entire career.

Crazy.

So many memories:
Can't believe the Duper one-hander was #50. That was probably the most exciting TD of my childhood.
#42-- TD pass against San Diego, last time the Dolphins won a divisional playoff game.
I was in the stadium for #33 to Tony Martin against the Bucs in 1991.
#30 -- the unforgettable TD pass to win the wildcard game against the Chiefs in 1990 (I was sitting in that endzone).
#20 -- the deflected TD pass against the Bears in the OB in 1985.
Last minute TD to Tony Paige, the total package, to beat the Patriots in week 1 in 1990 at #16 (with gushing praise by Joe Namath on commentary).
So many TDs from week 1 against the Pats in 1994 (probably the best Marino performance I witnessed in person), including #s 41, 5, and-- of course-- #4, TD to win the game on 4th down!
Also so many TDs from the Marino-Ingram Air Show in the Meadowlands in 1994 including #1.

I remember so many of these. Very fortunate to have witnessed this man's career from beginning to end.

One TD that really should have been on there was this one, from the 1994 wild card game against the Chiefs. Once again, listen to the gushing commentary, and watch Marino handle the pocket like nobody else.

Frank Gifford: "I don't know, you look at Montana, he orchestrates an offense. Marino just dominates an offense; he's going to make it happen."

What stands out to me most is that he always threw the ball with CONFIDENCE! He was almost ****y in the way he threw the ball. You see so many QBs be cerebral and get caught up in their decision making.

As Marino himself said…”Pick a guy and let it fly”

One TD that really should have been on there was this one, from the 1994 wild card game against the Chiefs. Once again, listen to the gushing commentary, and watch Marino handle the pocket like nobody else.

Frank Gifford: "I don't know, you look at Montana, he orchestrates an offense. Marino just dominates an offense; he's going to make it happen."

I was at that game. That was Joe Montana’s final game in the NFL. Somewhere, in storage, I have a picture of the old jumbo-tron showing Marino shaking hands with Montana after the game.

I was at that game. That was Joe Montana’s final game in the NFL. Somewhere, in storage, I have a picture of the old jumbo-tron showing Marino shaking hands with Montana after the game.
That's awesome. That game was on New Year's Eve, I believe. I remember it put me in a much more celebratory mood.

I was at the previous playoff game against the Chiefs. We had season tickets that year and it was a hell of a year overall. Also went to the wildcard game against the Bills in 1998 on a lark. It was the only time they've beaten the Bills in the playoffs (1-3).

Back
Top Bottom