53 man roster | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

53 man roster

Six wide receivers AND four tight ends AND four running backs???? Did we get special dispensation from the league to keep 55 players?

1. Few if any teams keep more than 5 wide recievers.
2. Few if any teams keep more than 3 tight ends.
3. Few if any teams keep more than 3 running backs.

Why would Wan/Speil want to keep more than 3 tight ends? I don't get it. And with all the injuries that we have had to the offensive line why we would keep only 9 and not have a back-up at each position. What happened to the concept of a BALANCED roster.

Steve T, look I took a direct quote from Wanny. If you think I'm wrong fine. A balanced roster never has 10 OL they always have OL who play multiple positions.

Why keep 4 TE's? We play alot of 2 TE sets and the 3rd TE is really not a TE.

You want balance and then ask for us to have NO backup TE's for the 2 TE set? Come on man, wake up...We'll keep 4 TE's and Mayes will be one if he stays in shape and outta trouble.

Ogden didn't get a signing bonus on his new contract, which makes it more likely that he gets cut because if he is released it won't cost us anything.

Phinstd,

Not doubting your reporting skills, just the logic of Wanny.

If the third tight end is not really a tight end, then the fourth tight end is really the third tight end. Whaaa? So, what IS the tight end who is really not a tight end? Confusing.

Blocking tight ends (the kind used in 2-tight end formations) are a dime a dozen, easy to keep handy on the practice squad, or even pick up on waivers during the season. Why crimp the depth at other postions?

Thats all I'm say'in.

Cool,

Perry is not really a TE...he's strictly a LS so he never sees the field in a set. I don't know what their plans to keep the last TE are. Are they gonna kep the overall guy in Mayes, or are they gonna keep the blocker in Draper. (I really hope we put Draper on the P-squad and let him play LT again.)

I'd rather not keep Mayes either, but like I've said many times the last roster spots really aren't as important as some others think. A few years we haven't even kept 53 to save a little room in the cap. We can sign guys just as good as the last guys on the team off the street anytime.

Back
Top Bottom