7 Player celt and twolves trade | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7 Player celt and twolves trade

Buddwalk said:
Rookie from St Josephs lots of potential well yes your right Wally is kinda soft to play pf, So this is how there starting roster should look shortly

PG Delonte West
SG Paul Pierce
SF Wally Szczerbiak
PF Al Jefferson
C Dwayne Jones/Olowkandi
6th Man Gerald Green [Dleague Now...but i say by march he'll be on this team]

Where is Kendrick Perkins? He's the future of this team inside. Kandi being involved in this trade was to counter Blount's outrageous contract. His deal is up at the end of this year and he doesn't have a future with this team unless he's strictly delegated to the bench.

Finfan86 said:
lol ur nutz, Wally at PF? that guy is so soft, plus hes a outside shooter, they dont need antoher PF outside, besides jefferson is PF

Speaking of soft, we did get rid of that stiff Mark Blount in this deal... ::high five:: fellow Celtics fan.

I feel sorry for Wolves fans that have to watch that guy night in and night out from now on. And I wouldn't want to take a peak at his contract..

I think the best part about this deal (outside of getting rid of Blount) was that it helps solidify the rotation for Doc the rest of the year. You can't have a friggen 10 man rotation, he was trying to keep everyone happy..

Right now, I think this is how it shakes out..

PG West, with Greene coming off the bench
SG Pierce
SF Szczerbiak
PF LaFrentz, but of course Jefferson is going to continue to see increased playing time.
C Perkins, Kandi

I expect this trade to open up alot more playing time for Ryan Gomes off the bench because Doc really likes the kid. Also, I doubt we'll see Green at all this year, his skills are just too raw as of right now. But its nice to know that he have another kid with as much talent as he has down in the D-League.

This team isn't going to make alot of noise this year, but there's just so much young talent on this team that it's hard to ignore.

However, I'm excited to see the new looks Celts tonight take on the new look Kings. It's gonna be fun.

I HATE KEVIN MCHALE AND DWAYNE CASEY!!!!!Argh KG please goto the Pistons PLEASE!

Phinfan99 said:
I HATE KEVIN MCHALE AND DWAYNE CASEY!!!!!Argh KG please goto the Pistons PLEASE!

I don't know man, Ricky Davis is a nice little player. He's electric, but he's stictly a scorer.

Banks and Blount are utter garbage though, Marcus got beat out by our late 2nd round rookie Greene for the backup point guard spot.

Justin Reed is a nice defender and he hustles, I guess he could be a nice guy to add some depth, but he's not going to light up the scoreboard or anything.

I don't know how I feel about this deal for the Wolves because I don't know that teams situation, but from a Celtics point of view, I like this deal. Granted Szczerbiak is close to a max player, I'd rather be paying him big money than Mark Blount.

Anyway, I hope it works out for you guys.

i feel bad for KG..what a waste of a trade..i swear NBA gms are freaking weird

tucker said:
i feel bad for KG..what a waste of a trade..i swear NBA gms are freaking weird

THE GM had his hands tied. THey had to move Wally. According to a reporter from Minnesota who covers the team who was on ESPN Radio last night KG and Wally didn't get along. There were some "race" related issues. There was a part of the court called "WHITE CORNER" where Wally would be at on some plays and the "KG GUYS" would never throw him the ball when he was always wide open on those plays.

This wasn't a move to improve the team. It was a move to prevent problems in the lockerroom.

MikeO said:
THE GM had his hands tied. THey had to move Wally. According to a reporter from Minnesota who covers the team who was on ESPN Radio last night KG and Wally didn't get along. There were some "race" related issues. There was a part of the court called "WHITE CORNER" where Wally would be at on some plays and the "KG GUYS" would never throw him the ball when he was always wide open on those plays.

This wasn't a move to improve the team. It was a move to prevent problems in the lockerroom.

Well, if Szczerbiak is a racist, I guess this means that he's going to cause problems in the Boston locker room with guys like Pierce, Perkins and Jefferson..

I'll take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt. Is it even possible to spend 7 years in the NBA as a racist? You'd figure that something like this would have come out a long time ago.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Well, if Szczerbiak is a racist, I guess this means that he's going to cause problems in the Boston locker room with guys like Pierce, Perkins and Jefferson..

I'll take this with a MASSIVE grain of salt. Is it even possible to spend 7 years in the NBA as a racist? You'd figure that something like this would have come out a long time ago.

The guy NEVER SAID Wally was a racist. Just some race related issues between him and KG. And KG had his "guys" on the team who sided with him.

MikeO said:
The guy NEVER SAID Wally was a racist. Just some race related issues between him and KG. And KG had his "guys" on the team who sided with him.

I didn't hear the interview so I trust you, but regardless, this is still a good trade for the Celtics.

I don't know if the Szczerbiak/Garnett problems were racially motivated or not, but it's no secret that the two never got along. The reason, to me, seems irrelevant.

IMHO, the Celtics won this trade. Szczerbiak's a great fit with Paul Pierce, with his outside shooting, and the fact that he's big enough to move to the 3 and give Pierce the chance to move back to the 2, where he's more comfortable. Losing Blount and the big contract he has, is nice, too, though the long term cap ramifications are pretty much evened out by Szczerbiak's deal...though at least Wally earns most of his salary.

The T-Wolves...eh, I'm not sure what their angle is apart from their constant desire to move Wally since he and KG hate each other. They probably got the best player back that they could, though I would have liked to see them swap Szczerbiak for Artest. I think KG would have put Artest in line.

Back
Top Bottom