7 Turnovers... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

7 Turnovers...

Phinguy

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...in three games. I didn't realize we had that many. If we can get Jay to throw the ball away rather than forcing it I would think that should help us cut down on turnovers a lot.

Good article:
http://www.floridatoday.com/!NEWSROOM/sportstoryA14271A.htm

Defense... Awesome! As long as they keep up the intensity.

Special teams... I really hope the coaches are serious about replacing Royals and maybe trying Simmons out as a returner. He seemed to show up in preseason.

I still think we'll do great against the Giants!

If Jay got anymore conservative I would suggest that he fill in for Rush Limbaugh.

Jay is good at throwing it away.

Is that really a positive? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I like Jay but hasn't he thrown atleast one INT ineach game?

No. He threw 2 INTs against the Texans (but had 3 TDs), and he thre 2 INTs against the Bills.

He threw none against the Jets. And one of the Texan interceptions was a hail mary. It goes on the stat sheet, but he can't be faulted for it in the least. One of the INTs thrown against the Bills was not necessarily his fault either. You gotta give credit to Nate Clements on that play man, he came all the way from the other side of the field to make the play and if he didn't that was a completion.

Oh and to my knowledge the Dolphins have only forced 4 turnovers.

They forced none by the Texans. They forced Vinny into only 1 interception. And they forced 2 INTs from Drew, one from Travis Henry in the Sunday Night Game

True one pick against the bills may not have been Jay's fault. However it was the out pattern to Mcknight. James did not read the blitz and turn his head. The deap pick was the typical Jay lame duck that hung in the air forever. The fact clements had time to come from the other side of the field is amazing. Fiedler cant go deep, end of story. You need two things to stretch the field. A speedy WR and a QB that can get it out there. We have one. It is very hard yo complete short passes and run without keeping the safeties back. Just ask the Raiders. Boy do they miss Porter.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Oh and to my knowledge the Dolphins have only forced 4 turnovers.

They forced none by the Texans. They forced Vinny into only 1 interception. And they forced 2 INTs from Drew, one from Travis Henry in the Sunday Night Game

We got 3 INTs from Drew.

Sammy, Pat, Brock.

No we got two ints from Drew. The Pat Surtain int was as ck said, from Travis Henry. Fiedler didn't throw an interception in the Jets game, but he did fumble it late in the game. He was tryign to make somethign happen, rolled out and got it stripped from behind I do believe. Chalk that one up on his stats as well. Ricky also has three fumbles.

Back
Top Bottom