'72 Dolphins and '08 Patriots | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'72 Dolphins and '08 Patriots

Mcduffinator

Scout Team
Reaction score
I'm doing a Compare and Contrast Essay for English, and I decided to do this as my topic. But I'm having trouble thinking of similarities. Help with this, would be excellent and most appreciated.

I would use the comparison of the difference between cheating and non-cheaters and the backlash of karma......

I would put that in my essay, but if somebody could help me with COMPARISONS, that would be much appreciated.

Here are some examples

They both were undefeated seasons

That's about all I have, for similarites. I have the differeneces pretty much covered. Pats cheated, Dolhpins won the superbowl. etc etc

Check into stats about records.........Ex. touchdown records, sacks, close game comebacks WR yards, Running back yards etc.

I'm doing a Compare and Contrast Essay for English, and I decided to do this as my topic. But I'm having trouble thinking of similarities. Help with this, would be excellent and most appreciated.

Wow that is tough, as much as I want to trash the Pats for cheating, there's really no way of knowing how much cheating they did. I think you could focus on the two defenses, they were night and day as were the offenses. Our D was smothering, the Pats was anything but, their offense was through the air ours was on the ground. We had 2 RB's that ran for more then 1000 yards and a 3rd that had over 700. they had a record breaking passer and catcher. there are a lot of contrasts/compare in the two teams.

I need two similarities. Basically, the only similarity they have is the fact that they both went undefeated.

I need two similarities. Basically, the only similarity they have is the fact that they both went undefeated.

Well, it's too bad you're doing this just a season removed. In about 10-15 years there will be more simularities with HOF Quarterbacks and coaches.

Forgetting about the cheating controversy for a moment ........ (unless you want to contrast the rather mild controversy of the Dolphins being penalized a draft pick for signing Shula away drom the Colts, in comparison to the huge controversy that spygate sparked - and also resulted in the loss of a draft pick.)

Undefeated regular seasons
Considered best team of that era
Future hall of fame quarterbacks

If not for spygate I would say future hall of fame coaches too, but that is certainly not a given any longer.

Top defense in the league versus top offense in the league.
Running offense of Csonka - Morris - Kiick to passing offense of Moss - Welker - Stallworth.
Dolphins seal the deal in the SB, Patriots don't.
Dolphins were revered, Patriots were vilified.

There's probably a lot more, but that should get you headed in the right direction. Like FinFrenzy said, check stats and maybe a site like Pro-Football-Reference.com for how they compared and ranked.

I can think of one thing: The '08 Patriots are 0-0
Wow someone hit the nail on its head :sidelol:.

If you are talking 07 patriots how about the running games or should i say short high percentage passes in 07 pats = running game of the dolphins. wes welkar played the role of a RB by picking up 4-5 yds on short passes which in todays NFL was similar to a running game.

Back
Top Bottom