'72 Dolphins Vs. Todays Teams

MischiefDolphin

The Man The Myth The Kung Fu Master
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Los Angeles
I am bored at work and since all draft info is all specualtion I thought this might be an interesting topic to talk about.

If the 72 Fins were in their prime and playing against today's teams how do you think they would do? Also take into account they would be up to date on Offense and Defensive structure.

Discuss...
 

JAcK o D1AmonDs

Why So Serious?
Joined
Mar 4, 2005
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2
Location
Jersey
hmm, they wouldnt go 16-0 in the regualr season, they wouldnt be used to so many games, if u look at it they added 2 games to the regualr season..
 

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Finheaven VIP
Joined
Sep 30, 2002
Messages
9,027
Reaction score
30
Age
55
Location
South Florida
They would get blown off the field. Athletes today are far superior to thirty years ago. Back then the BIG lineman where like 230-250 and they ran 6.0 40s. Not they are 300 lbs and are running 4.5 40's.

WRs are way faster, RBs faster. Players are stronger. You can't compare.
 

cnc66

wiley veteran bad spelur
Joined
Jan 30, 2005
Messages
19,551
Reaction score
0
Location
indian river country
fin-atic said:
They would get blown off the field. Athletes today are far superior to thirty years ago. Back then the BIG lineman where like 230-250 and they ran 6.0 40s. Not they are 300 lbs and are running 4.5 40's.

WRs are way faster, RBs faster. Players are stronger. You can't compare.
I believe you are correct.
 

MischiefDolphin

The Man The Myth The Kung Fu Master
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Los Angeles
Do you think the increase from 30 years ago to today as far as speed, skill and size will continue? Is there a limit? Will be seeing meta humans by 2030?
 

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Joined
Jul 20, 2004
Messages
36,492
Reaction score
43
Age
53
Location
Belgium
I think some guys like Dick Butkis could have played in any era, but most guys back then were much lighter than today's players and would have a hard time competing....but I think it is comparing apples and oranges...we had the best team in football in the early 1970's and i am just happy I got to see them win back to back Superbowls. :)
 

SuperBankz

17-0 perfectville Pop. 1
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
521
Reaction score
1
Age
34
Location
Elmira, NY
MischiefDolphin said:
Do you think the increase from 30 years ago to today as far as speed, skill and size will continue? Is there a limit? Will be seeing meta humans by 2030?
dont care as long as we get another ring
 

MischiefDolphin

The Man The Myth The Kung Fu Master
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Los Angeles
Will the increase in all categories continue? What I am saying is in 2030 will we be saying that last years Pats would get blown away by 2030 players? Is there a limit?
 

Kucha

Pro Bowler
Joined
Feb 15, 2005
Messages
1,462
Reaction score
0
Location
Washington, DC
MischiefDolphin said:
Do you think the increase from 30 years ago to today as far as speed, skill and size will continue? Is there a limit? Will be seeing meta humans by 2030?
Sure, we could see gene manipulated people by then. Just tell your Gene Designer that you want your kid manufactured with extra strong muscle genes (for the super saver price of $10,000,000) and you could produce a kid that does 136 reps of the 225 lb. bench press at the combine...and he may rate as just average by then! hehehe. ;)
 

MischiefDolphin

The Man The Myth The Kung Fu Master
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
2,476
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Location
Los Angeles
KuchaMucha said:
Sure, we could see gene manipulated people by then. Just tell your Gene Designer that you want your kid manufactured with extra strong muscle genes (for the super saver price of $10,000,000) and you could produce a kid that does 136 reps of the 225 lb. bench press at the combine...and he may rate as just average by then! hehehe. ;)
You think the NFL will allow altered people? Wouldn't that be unfair? WIll it lead to Companies created people to only play football?
 

FIREMEDIC822

New Era
Joined
Dec 21, 2004
Messages
236
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Seminole, FL
KuchaMucha said:
Sure, we could see gene manipulated people by then. Just tell your Gene Designer that you want your kid manufactured with extra strong muscle genes (for the super saver price of $10,000,000) and you could produce a kid that does 136 reps of the 225 lb. bench press at the combine...and he may rate as just average by then! hehehe. ;)
You think that is funny but the truth of the matter is, they are already doing DNA manipulation. They have a "muscle" gene that they can inject into a persons DNA and it is undetectable. I am in the medical field and they had a story out about it earlier this year. It wasnt very in depth but they were saying we will be seeing it very soon in pro sports and even children if you can believe that. It is being developed for MS pts and the sorts.
 

BrazForPhins

Perennial All-Pro
Joined
Nov 9, 2004
Messages
2,854
Reaction score
0
Location
Belo Horizonte, Brazil
FIREMEDIC822 said:
You think that is funny but the truth of the matter is, they are already doing DNA manipulation. They have a "muscle" gene that they can inject into a persons DNA and it is undetectable. I am in the medical field and they had a story out about it earlier this year. It wasnt very in depth but they were saying we will be seeing it very soon in pro sports and even children if you can believe that. It is being developed for MS pts and the sorts.
now i say, THIS is scary
 

Jt0323

Hammered
Joined
Aug 26, 2004
Messages
14,660
Reaction score
3
Age
30
Location
Thephins.com
MischiefDolphin said:
I am bored at work and since all draft info is all specualtion I thought this might be an interesting topic to talk about.

If the 72 Fins were in their prime and playing against today's teams how do you think they would do? Also take into account they would be up to date on Offense and Defensive structure.

Discuss...
go to whatifsports.com
 
Top Bottom