'72 Dolphins Vs. Todays Teams

MischiefDolphin

The Man The Myth The Kung Fu Master
Reaction score
I am bored at work and since all draft info is all specualtion I thought this might be an interesting topic to talk about.

If the 72 Fins were in their prime and playing against today's teams how do you think they would do? Also take into account they would be up to date on Offense and Defensive structure.

Discuss...

JAcK o D1AmonDs

Why So Serious?
Reaction score
hmm, they wouldnt go 16-0 in the regualr season, they wouldnt be used to so many games, if u look at it they added 2 games to the regualr season..

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
They would get blown off the field. Athletes today are far superior to thirty years ago. Back then the BIG lineman where like 230-250 and they ran 6.0 40s. Not they are 300 lbs and are running 4.5 40's.

WRs are way faster, RBs faster. Players are stronger. You can't compare.

cnc66

wiley veteran bad spelur
Reaction score
fin-atic said:
They would get blown off the field. Athletes today are far superior to thirty years ago. Back then the BIG lineman where like 230-250 and they ran 6.0 40s. Not they are 300 lbs and are running 4.5 40's.

WRs are way faster, RBs faster. Players are stronger. You can't compare.
I believe you are correct.

MischiefDolphin

Reaction score
Do you think the increase from 30 years ago to today as far as speed, skill and size will continue? Is there a limit? Will be seeing meta humans by 2030?

Roman529

Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew
Reaction score
I think some guys like Dick Butkis could have played in any era, but most guys back then were much lighter than today's players and would have a hard time competing....but I think it is comparing apples and oranges...we had the best team in football in the early 1970's and i am just happy I got to see them win back to back Superbowls. :)

SuperBankz

17-0 perfectville Pop. 1
Reaction score
MischiefDolphin said:
Do you think the increase from 30 years ago to today as far as speed, skill and size will continue? Is there a limit? Will be seeing meta humans by 2030?
dont care as long as we get another ring

MischiefDolphin

Reaction score
Will the increase in all categories continue? What I am saying is in 2030 will we be saying that last years Pats would get blown away by 2030 players? Is there a limit?

Kucha

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
MischiefDolphin said:
Sure, we could see gene manipulated people by then. Just tell your Gene Designer that you want your kid manufactured with extra strong muscle genes (for the super saver price of $10,000,000) and you could produce a kid that does 136 reps of the 225 lb. bench press at the combine...and he may rate as just average by then! hehehe. ;)

MischiefDolphin

Reaction score
KuchaMucha said:
Sure, we could see gene manipulated people by then. Just tell your Gene Designer that you want your kid manufactured with extra strong muscle genes (for the super saver price of $10,000,000) and you could produce a kid that does 136 reps of the 225 lb. bench press at the combine...and he may rate as just average by then! hehehe. ;)
You think the NFL will allow altered people? Wouldn't that be unfair? WIll it lead to Companies created people to only play football?

FIREMEDIC822

New Era
Reaction score
KuchaMucha said:
You think that is funny but the truth of the matter is, they are already doing DNA manipulation. They have a "muscle" gene that they can inject into a persons DNA and it is undetectable. I am in the medical field and they had a story out about it earlier this year. It wasnt very in depth but they were saying we will be seeing it very soon in pro sports and even children if you can believe that. It is being developed for MS pts and the sorts.

BrazForPhins

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
FIREMEDIC822 said:
You think that is funny but the truth of the matter is, they are already doing DNA manipulation. They have a "muscle" gene that they can inject into a persons DNA and it is undetectable. I am in the medical field and they had a story out about it earlier this year. It wasnt very in depth but they were saying we will be seeing it very soon in pro sports and even children if you can believe that. It is being developed for MS pts and the sorts.
now i say, THIS is scary

Jt0323

Hammered
Reaction score
MischiefDolphin said:
I am bored at work and since all draft info is all specualtion I thought this might be an interesting topic to talk about.

If the 72 Fins were in their prime and playing against today's teams how do you think they would do? Also take into account they would be up to date on Offense and Defensive structure.

Discuss...
go to whatifsports.com

Top Bottom