790am Major annoucement this Monday (new radio team?) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

790am Major annoucement this Monday (new radio team?)

I read Nat Moore has the inside track for sideline reporter.

CrunchTime said:
I read Nat Moore has the inside track for sideline reporter.

O God, are you serious? That is hideous news tempered only by the fact that he wont spend alot of the time talking. Nat Moore is absolutely atrocious on preseason games. Literally, the only time I have seen worse is watching rookie announcers struggle through an NFL Europe game, and even then they had the excuse of not knowing anything about the players, teams, coaches, etc.

Jocks becoming good TV, radio, etc. announcers are the exception, not the rule. Hell, 790 doesnt even have any good broadcasters to begin with, much less ex-Jocks who can call a game.

romio said:
This Is A Major Announce Ment, Im Sorry Buts Its Not That Major I Dont Think Its That Word Major , Thats Abused

For the local fans and 790 the ticket it is a major annoucement. No its not a hurricane, or war or anything of that caliber but a major anoucment for sure.

Cefalo is a host IMO. He's not a live action guy. I can only imagine him "narrating" the action in a "polite" monotone. A play-by-play guy should have a commanding tone in his voice. That's Boog, that's Zimpfer, that's Rick Weaver, that's even Howard David.

The fact that they're passing over guys with tons of play-by-play experience for a guy with none a all would be a suprising move by itself. But then you find out that the guy is in fact a former player, and you've heard all you need to know. And that's very disappointing (and frustrating).

I wonder who exactly is making these decisions within the Dolphins organization. Is this coming from Wayne himself?? If not, who's recommendations are these?? I want to know who was the catalyst for Cefalo over Boog. Because there's no way IMO they consulted outside experts on this thing. If they did, they didn't listen to them.

it's Rose and Jimmy. Not too excited....i'll miss the ol' Alrightttttttt Miamiiii!

Muck said:
Cefalo is a host IMO. He's not a live action guy. I can only imagine him "narrating" the action in a "polite" monotone. A play-by-play guy should have a commanding tone in his voice. That's Boog, that's Zimpfer, that's Rick Weaver, that's even Howard David.

The fact that they're passing over guys with tons of play-by-play experience for a guy with none a all would be a suprising move by itself. But then you find out that the guy is in fact a former player, and you've heard all you need to know. And that's very disappointing (and frustrating).

I wonder who exactly is making these decisions within the Dolphins organization. Is this coming from Wayne himself?? If not, who's recommendations are these?? I want to know who was the catalyst for Cefalo over Boog. Because there's no way IMO they consulted outside experts on this thing. If they did, they didn't listen to them.

Im guessing with Cefalo and him having little to no experience they hired him because he worked cheap.

Boog has that ESPN on his resume which raises his price tag.

If you guys knew about this when the change came down, would you have been so enthusiastic about the Dolphins changing stations?

Jimmy James said:
If you guys knew about this when the change came down, would you have been so enthusiastic about the Dolphins changing stations?

I dont think ANYONE had any reason to be enthusiastic about the Dolphins changing stations. Some of the WQAM sports people might not have been any good, but it was apparent to anyone with ears that unless 790 pried away Mandich, that they wouldnt find anyone nearly as good.

Hell, even Mo Howard David wasnt that bad.

Back
Top Bottom