8/7 Camp Tweets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8/7 Camp Tweets

How is that manipulating things? I pointed out he threw 2 picks, but the situation he threw them were not a reason to bring them up. 1v1 ints happen every practice on every level of football..

The 7 on 7 is more "realistic" but it still isn't a game situation ie 11 on 11..

Marino used to love the fact that the DB's knew the route during 1 on 1's and still couldn't pick him off. Not comparing Tannehill to Marino, just showing a hole in your proposed theory.

Either way I'm not discouraged by Tannehill's recent practices. I think he'll do fine and hopefully he get's us into the end zone a couple time this Friday.

Exactly what we were talking about in the other thread. Miami's GM shouldn't waste ANY more time in this decision. Allow J.Martin to play a decent snap count in this upcoming Jags game, If they are not comfortable with what the end results. Sign/trade for someone by Tuesday of next week and assign J.Martin the back-up role. DONE!!!

just read something interesting from omar...league sources confirm miami is so uncomfortable about the lack of left tackle depth they are looking into potential options that are free agents...

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...phins-0808-20130807,0,4551843.story?track=rss

it's at the very end of the article...i'm glad they see it...

Marino used to love the fact that the DB's knew the route during 1 on 1's and still couldn't pick him off. Not comparing Tannehill to Marino, just showing a hole in your proposed theory.

Either way I'm not discouraged by Tannehill's recent practices. I think he'll do fine and hopefully he get's us into the end zone a couple time this Friday.

That's not a hole in my argument, Dan ****ing Marino is the GOAT for a reason..

Same here on your last statement.

Tannehill has a solid day of practice.
and the chicken littles go back into hiding.

Shocking.

Fyi there is a pile of **** available in terms of OT's. Maybe a grizzled vet is cut in a few weeks, but there is nobody out there that can help. Omar is full of crap once again.

Fyi there is a pile of **** available in terms of OT's. Maybe a grizzled vet is cut in a few weeks, but there is nobody out there that can help. Omar is full of crap once again.

If they are looking at Cornfed it is simply for depth. There is nothing out there that could replace Martin as a starter.

From what we have seen of Dallas Thomas, just about any vet would be a depth upgrade though.

What??? It was obvious to anyone who saw Manning play his rookie year that he was going to be great. Year 6 or 7 LOL!!!!!

Not really. It was based more on perception and draft position and not objective analysis. Had he been a 2nd or 3rd rd pick it wouldn't have been so "obvious"

fair points 1 and 2...i don't think you will ever see him shifted inside barring injury...and even then i kinda doubt it...

I don't think we're necessarily far from it. The coaches have indicated they would like to see Wake, Vernon and Jordan all rushing the passer at the same time. The best way to do that would involve Vernon on the interior, IMO.

I don't think we're necessarily far from it. The coaches have indicated they would like to see Wake, Vernon and Jordan all rushing the passer at the same time. The best way to do that would involve Vernon on the interior, IMO.

i think that's more about having jordan standing up and coming thru different gaps etc wth wake and vernon at end...5 man pressure package stuff...but i guess we'll see...i can't recall a 268 lb guy though that shifted inside and did work as a pass rusher...seems kind of light to me in a phone booth...maybe in some of those giants nickle fronts of the past with tuck...

as for the miami looking at ots i think we should keep an eye on bryant mckinnie in case he gets cut...even if he is over weight we could sign him and let him work into playing shape on the bench and have some form of insurance or options in case martin does go belly up or gets hurt for that matter...

Guys like Karl Klug, Wallace Gilberry and Pernell McPhee have done it for years.

and the only one that worths a hoot as a pass rusher is mcphee...and he's not what i would call a dynamic one...i would think subbing a klug or a gilberry at least inside instead of a odrick or a starks would be a bad decision...i'd much rather have starks or odrick there instead...and i'd probably still prefer em over mcphee cause it's not like that ravens defense has been terrific win pass rush wise since suggs blew his achilles...heck paul kruger was the most consistent pass rusher they had and the biggest threat in 2012...not mcphee not courtney upshaw...although i'm sure if you look at the percentage of snaps mcphee saw on the inside vs the actual number of pressure he would grade out higher...

i just saw it when i watched the ravens that kruger was the one you had to pay the most attention to...

I don't think you necessarily have to stick Vernon in the B gap to get he and Jordan and Wake on the field at the same time. You could stick Vernon heads up on the tackle (5 tech) and Jordan to the outside of him. That would, imo, give you three strong options you could combine with other blitzes.

First option is Vernon slants hard across the tackle's face. If the tackle loses his discipline and engages Vernon, Jordan might have a clear shot at the quarterback, or at minimum a step and easy leverage against him. If the tackle plays his role perfectly then you've at least given Jordan a one on one.

Second option is Vernon bull rushes the tackle as Jordan drops into coverage. Here you'd be combing this with a blitz by an inside player. You're hoping the guard commits to Vernon, expecting him to come across the tackle's face, and there's a gap left unguarded for the blitzer to come through.

The third option is Vernon goes upfield just like the second option but instead of an inside blitz by a linebacker, it's Jordan on a stunt. This functions the same way basic way in terms of the offensive line's gap responsibilities, what you're trading for the slower action of the stunt is a chance of confusing the quarterback because he's expecting Jordan to drop and not the linebacker to be coming over.

And all of this, of course, is with Cameron Wake on the other side of the formation, drawing the slanted line.

Clemons with a few picks. Nice :up:

And I like the squabble between the D line and O line. Maybe that will light a fire. We looked uninspired last game, even if it was just a preseason game we should've come out with a little more energy than we did.

Back
Top Bottom