8 Hurricanes expected this year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8 Hurricanes expected this year

Are they all declaring early? and are they any good? Whats happening down at UM?

(this is a joke)

:eek: yikes!

its gonna be an interesting year down here in FL.

Maybe none even make landfall. The ridges which directed everything into FL last year aren't setting up like they did last May.

Agua said:
Maybe none even make landfall. The ridges which directed everything into FL last year aren't setting up like they did last May.

And I am glad, still don't have the bulkhead and backfill done yet much less the new 70' of dock that I would like to use before it is wrecked thank you, any storms before sept and I could fall in the river :eek:

:yeahthat:

One year we had something like 18 storms and none hit South Florida.

Agua said:

I hope you are right. If I remember correctly, at the end of last hurricane season they stated that last year was the beginning of a 10-year cycle of harsh hurricane seasons.

Having said that, besides losing the game, wasn't last years Phins/Steelers game a fun one to be at (especially watching the ground crew at halftime trying to cover up the infield)? I almost drowned 3 times.....and I am in the upper bowl!

Thats not cool. I spent my first Summer/Fall down in Florida Last year and The Hurricanes were a nightmare. Jean and Frances were direct hits to my area on the EAst Coast.
We retreated North/Inland to near Orlando for the first one. 6 heads in one hotel room for 2 weeks. Then we came back just in time to catch the next one and we stayed put. There was seriously nothing to look back and laugh about. Except for the fact that some people lost their power for weeks more than I did.

Lungoystr said:
I hope you are right. If I remember correctly, at the end of last hurricane season they stated that last year was the beginning of a 10-year cycle of harsh hurricane seasons.

Looking back, they believe that a mutli-decade period of increased cane activity began in 1995. How long it will last? who knows. An era of increased cane activity does not mean FL is going to get hit with them, though, you'd have to think by sheer #s, the likelihood would be increased, but no more so than anywhere else. I'm sure you're aware, but I'll just say it anyway: there's no way for anyone to predict where canes are going to make landfall months in advance. That noted, the ridge that caused all those canes to come into FL last year is not setting itself up, so far, like it did last May. It may still do so, or it may wax and wane throughout the season.

I lived for 6 months in the Orlando area in 1998 and I drove through a couple hurricanes and thought I was going to drown in the Panhandle area...I never saw so much rain in my life. I ended up moving back to my home state of Colorado and haven't been back to Florida since. I love Florida in the winter though! Here the only thing that will kill you is a nice avalanche. :lol:

Whatever, the year adfter Andrew they predicted 14 storms and I think we had 2-3 and none even touched FL. They guess, they guess and then for good measure, they guess some more. Every year they say 10+ storms.

I bet we don't see more then 5. Can we do a poll?

bigmiamifan said:
Whatever, the year adfter Andrew they predicted 14 storms and I think we had 2-3 and none even touched FL. They guess, they guess and then for good measure, they guess some more. Every year they say 10+ storms.

I bet we don't see more then 5. Can we do a poll?

exactly. those predictions sell newspapers.

This is all old news, I just hope none of them turn into another Hurricane Andrew, and I hope none of them affect the schedule

just finnished installing a transfer switch for my new generax 13000 generator, and 220 plug out side, im not wanting a Hurricane to hit but im ready i think
hell it runs every thing but the ac and i got a window unit to keep the bedroom cool

Back
Top Bottom