8th grade college offer? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

8th grade college offer?

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
638957-1.jpg
spacer1-1.gif
spacer1-1.gif

Michael Avery, a 6-foot-4 eighth-grader from Lake Sherwood, Calif., says he will play for the Cats. Now on with the business of finding a high school.

"That's the funny thing," Howard Avery said with laugh. "We've got our college. Now we need our high school."

According to Avery, Gillispie was scouting the event when the young player caught his eye.

"The second game we played, coach Gillispie was there watching a couple of other players that he may have had an interest in," Avery said. "There was a 7-footer from Africa, a 6-10 player and a 6-8 player, so there were a lot of talented players at that game. I don't even think he was aware of Michael before this game.

"Michael came off the bench each half and had a good game against some really good competition. From what I understand, he displayed a total skill set and the basketball IQ to know when and where to use that skill set within the context of the game. I think that's what really impressed coach Gillispie."
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=910&CID=803673

How sad has UK basketball become? Trying to create recruiting buzz by taking verbals from 8th graders. I guess "UK basketball" doesn't sell itself any more...Billy Clyde's recruiting prowess coupled with UK's name isn't as big as all the UK fans thought it was going to be.

Good times.

I got married on April 19th. Billy Clyde called me on April 22nd during my honeymoon in Jamaica wanting me to commit my unconceived child to the Wildcats. I told the drunk freak to leave me alone because I'm not talking to college coaches at least until the egg is fertilzed. Then I'll listen to offers.

I know I'm a Louisville fan, but still. I think its very sad.

How sad has UK basketball become? Trying to create recruiting buzz by taking verbals from 8th graders. I guess "UK basketball" doesn't sell itself any more...Billy Clyde's recruiting prowess coupled with UK's name isn't as big as all the UK fans thought it was going to be.

Good times.

I got married on April 19th. Billy Clyde called me on April 22nd during my honeymoon in Jamaica wanting me to commit my unconceived child to the Wildcats. I told the drunk freak to leave me alone because I'm not talking to college coaches at least until the egg is fertilzed. Then I'll listen to offers.

lmao, this entire post is classic

Good times.

I don't think it's sad they got a player to verbal. Now ranking systems for players in like 3rd grade on the other hand.

Kentucky's going to turn it around. Ucla and Unc went through down periods. If Scotty Hopson would've signed I think UK had a chance next year to be an elite team. Tubby Smith killed the UK program with his recruiting.

if you are not a senior in high school colleges cant talk to you about going to there school he can make up his mind who he want to play for but they cant offer him a Scholarship until his senior year of high school

I don't think it's sad they got a player to verbal. Now ranking systems for players in like 3rd grade on the other hand.

Kentucky's going to turn it around. Ucla and Unc went through down periods. If Scotty Hopson would've signed I think UK had a chance next year to be an elite team. Tubby Smith killed the UK program with his recruiting.

Billy Clyde has no idea what type of player that kids going to evolve into. He could stop growing and stay around 6'4". The kid hasn't picked his high school yet. Its very possible he could not develop the necessary skills to be a big time D-1 player at shooting guard. When that happens, Billy Clyde will pull the offer and end up looking like a horse's ***. If the kid grows to about 6'8" and becomes a Micky D's All-American then he's going to get recruited heavily by UNC, Duke, Louisville, UCLA, et al. UK could still end up lossing him. Personally I think its ALMOST a no win for UK. I heard the university president isn't happy about it either.

Billy Clyde has no idea what type of player that kids going to evolve into. He could stop growing and stay around 6'4". The kid hasn't picked his high school yet. Its very possible he could not develop the necessary skills to be a big time D-1 player at shooting guard. When that happens, Billy Clyde will pull the offer and end up looking like a horse's ***. If the kid grows to about 6'8" and becomes a Micky D's All-American then he's going to get recruited heavily by UNC, Duke, Louisville, UCLA, et al. UK could still end up lossing him. Personally I think its ALMOST a no win for UK. I heard the university president isn't happy about it either.
thank you thank you thank you :up:

Any team could lose any guy who verbally committs? What's the point? Kentucky has had a few down years but they're still on the Mount Rushmore in terms of teams.

Back
Top Bottom