9/24 Practice Updates | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9/24 Practice Updates

AL R

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 2h2 hours ago
Branden Albert not practicing again today.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2h2 hours ago
Branden Albert said he's day by day. Never had a hamstring injury before.

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 2h2 hours ago
#Dolphins Branden Albert unsure if he can play Sunday. Said hamstring prob result of being off so long and then playing

Lamar Miller is dressed for practice. Dolphins in pads today.

James Walker ‏@JamesWalkerNFL 2h2 hours ago
#Dolphins starting tight end Jordan Cameron (groin) is practicing today in portion open to the media. He sat out Wednesday.

Jordan Cameron, who missed yesterday with a groin. is practicing at least on a limited basis.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 2h2 hours ago
Earl Mitchell is not present for the portion of practice open to the media. Lamar Miller and Jordan Cameron appear to be working.

I wouldn't count on Albert until after the bye...and he can't work on his conditioning which is the bigger issue with him right now.

Good news on Miller and Cameron. :up:

Now Mitchell too? Is the nightmare ever going to end for this team? It's always something

Ozzy rules

Dolphins running back Lamar Miller (ankle) and tight end Jordan Cameron (groin) returned to practice on Thursday but left tackle Branden Albert is still out with a hamstring injury.

Only the early portion of practices are open to the media so it’s unclear how much Cameron and Miller participated. The injury report will be released today.

But it’s at least promising for Cameron and Miller who both hope to play against Buffalo on Sunday.

Albert, however, said he’s unsure if he will play.

“Hopefully I’ll be out there soon,” he said. “We’ll see.”

Albert returned in Miami’s season opener after missing 10 months with a torn ACL and MCL. He didn’t play in a preseason game before he was thrust back in to the lineup.

He tweaked his hamstring in last week’s loss to Jacksonville and acknowledges that the injury likely happened because his body is still getting used to football again.

“Probably so,” Albert said. “I hadn’t played in 10 months. I’ve been practicing hard, playing hard, so things happen. There’s no excuse. I’ve just got to get healthy and help this team out.”

Mostert at RB: New Dolphins kick returner Raheem Mostert hopes to eventually work his way in to the offense.

Mostert, an undrafted rookie who was also a track star and known as the fastest player in college football when he was at Purdue, wasn’t even the Boilermakers top running back until his senior year.

He was with Philadelphia this preseason and had 39 carries for 157 yards, a 4.0 average. He had a long run of 16 yards and didn’t score a touchdown.

“It depends on what the scheme is,” he said when asked if he’s ready to line up at running back for the Dolphins. “I feel like I am, but at the same time I feel like I still have to develop some. Regardless, I just have to go out there and produce on the practice field and show them they can trust me.”

Miller has an injured ankle but hopes to play Sunday. The Dolphins promoted Jonas Gray from the practice squad.

The Dolphins typically have three active running backs and Mostert will be one of them since he’s the kick returner. If Miller plays, Gray would likely be inactive.

http://dailydolphin.blog.palmbeachp...e-report-injury-updates-raheem-mostert-at-rb/

All the white hanky can be used for these days is wiping away the croc tears and blowing the nose...

Joe Philbin on the injuries leading up to Sunday's game: "I'm confident that no matter who suits up for our team this Sunday, I can still find a way to mess this up."

Okay, yeah that's not a real quote, but it made me happy to write it.

Kevin Coyle - 'If you looked at all the games this past Sunday you would notice that half the teams lost.
This is statistically 50%, so I told the guys, really we didn't do that badly.
I'm happy with their performance. Running backs sometimes break big runs, and WR's do double moves.
There is really not a lot we can do about it. So let's just all be happy and smile a lot." :ponder: :grim:

Andrew Abramson ‏@AbramsonPBP 1m1 minute ago
Branden Albert did not practice today and Earl Mitchell did not practice for #Dolphins with a new back injury

Andrew Abramson@AbramsonPBP 3m3 minutes ago
So keep an eye on the Earl Mitchell injury. If he can't go on Sunday with this new back injury, bigger role for rookie Jordan Phillips

Thursday's injury report.

CPsORypU8AAGSHg-1.jpg

Earl Mitchell being injured is interesting. I'd like to see us play Phillips a bit more and Francis should get some PT too...but we'll most likely get Moseley playing a lot more.

Our O line is troubled. Our running game nonexistent. The secondary is suspect as are the linebackers. Our great D line has been anything but. The staff is queasy. Fans are already giving up after two games.

I think we win big this week :)

Our O line is troubled. Our running game nonexistent. The secondary is suspect as is the linebackers. Our great D line has been anything but. The staff is queasy. Fans are already giving up after two games.

I think we win big this week :)

And if the team loses big I think the remaining hopeful fans will pack it in too.

Back
Top Bottom