#9!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#9!!!

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
ESPN has ranked the 'Fins #9 in their preseason power rankings with the likes of Green Bay, Chicago, Joke-land, Philly and San Fran ahead of us. I know there's kind of a log jam when it comes to the top 10 teams in this league but 9? I figured the national media would ,at least, place us in the top 5. I know this power ranking crap means absolutely nothing but it was just disappointing. I guess I'll just have to accept the fact that 'Fins will get zero respect until they start showing something special on the field against the better teams in this NFL. I will be marking several dates, towards the latter half of the season, where the 'Fins play the top calibre teams in the league. That will be the true proving ground for this team.

How are Chicago, Philly, and San Fran ahead? Chicago is overrated, and they aren't better than us. I can see people thinking SF and Philly being better, but we will prove that they aren't!

We are the worst team in the league until Miami takes the field and then takes it's opponents.

I love our Dolphins, but no one is the best at this point in the offseason. The Cardinals could win it all next year...it's a crap shoot.

I could care less if they had us ranked at #32. We will get our respect when we win. Besides the phins play better when they get no respect!

this is true!

Originally posted by dol_fan_1313
I could care less if they had us ranked at #32. We will get our respect when we win. Besides the phins play better when they get no respect!
being underdogs is the way to go!:D

Don't read too much into these pre-season "power" rankings. They mean squat until you strap the helmets on & play.

But guys, Pre season rankings mean EVERYTHING!!! they are spot on all year, how else could we explain Teneessee and Denver in the AFC championship game last year??

Oh wait, my bad....hahhaahah

boy, this post got my attention!

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
But guys, Pre season rankings mean EVERYTHING!!! they are spot on all year, how else could we explain Teneessee and Denver in the AFC championship game last year??

Oh wait, my bad....hahhaahah
:D :p

Well with all the changes i can understand the 9th place ranking...Although i agree with a few here that we perform better when we are underdogs, I also get a little tired of the lack of respect...Having said that ,I respect very few of these "predictions"from "professionals" and think its just a good waste of time waiting for the real deal to begin! I would rate us between 7 and 4 depending on how RW's and Turners signings affect us. Health is also a HUGE issue this year! Especially who was injured and how many are still healing...

i think the ratings are a waste anyway. "any team can beat anybody, on a given sunday", you may quote me! lol

Well the paid guys aren't going to side with us but the general fan is:

ESPN poll:

Which team will win the AFC east in 2002 this season?

Dolphins 43.7%
Patriots 24.8%
Bills 17.9%
Jets 13.5%

50,296 votes

I can't believe it {{{

Originally posted by Chauncey
Don't read too much into these pre-season "power" rankings. They mean squat until you strap the helmets on & play.
that a jILLS fan has actually posted something that I whole heartily agree with ,,,,,,, UNBELIEVEABLE ....:) :D ;) Marino1983

Back
Top Bottom