90-in-90 Miami Dolphins Roster Breakdown: T.j. Mcdonald | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

90-in-90 Miami Dolphins Roster Breakdown: T.j. Mcdonald

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score

usa_today_10209994.0.jpg

Steve Mitchell-USA TODAY Sports

Part three of the annual 90-in-90 series is here as we continue an in-depth look at the Miami Dolphins’ roster. Throughout the next few months, we will break down each player on the roster, looking at what they did in 2017, the expectation of growth in 2018, or the possible regression, and whether or not we think the player will make the final 53-man roster.

Yesterday, we looked at punter Matt Haack. Today, we continue with safety T.J. McDonald, who is entering his second year with the team.

https://www.thephinsider.com/2018/5...dolphins-roster-breakdown-t-j-mcdonald-safety

Hope he stays on the field and out of trouble and we will have a fine pick up.

Hope he stays on the field and out of trouble and we will have a fine pick up.
I really hope we run more 4-2-5 formations and use TJ as a rover. We can have Raekwon and Baker at LB. Let TJ be used as a utility guy to spy the QB, blitz, run stopper, and, I say with hesitation, cover the short zone. Of course, we couldn't play a Wide 9 and we we would have to be in a more conventional front.

Last edited:
I think it goes without saying that TJ McDonald will make the Roster. What I am curious about, is everyone’s opinion on what kind of workload we should expect him to have this season with Minkah Fitzpatrick now on the roster as well. How much will that affect his playing time? What is actually at stake between the two players inevitable competition this year?

Will he be starting?
Backup?
Linebacker?
Split time?
3 safety formations?
Obvious running situations?

Your thoughts please.

Back
Top Bottom