'94 Chargers Fins Divisional Playoffs | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

'94 Chargers Fins Divisional Playoffs

spinfin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Does anyone have on tape the game from '94 when the Fins played the Chargers and Stoyanovich missed that field goal to send the Fins against the Steelers and the winner to go to the Super Bowl?

Thanks

-Spinfin-

I remember one guy from that game, Natrone F-in Means and his plunge over the right front Pylon to take the lead :(

We could not tackle Natrone he was dragging defenders all up and down the field. He would drag ours defensive players 5 or 6 yards before he would fall.

Here's the Box Score. :(

Miami led 21-6 at the half. Natrone Means ran all over us. Stoyanovich missed the game winner. I remember just standing there in shock and disbelief. :jawdrop:

That game hurt, that was our year. All you have to do is look at the box score to tell how much we changed when Jimmy came in. Only had the ball 20+ minutes and ran 8 carries for 26 yards in a playoff game. Marino was brilliant, but the defense couldn't stop the run or get off the field. Yet we win the turnover battle 3-0 and were in position to win and the usually reliable Stoyanovich blew it.

That was the best Dolphin Team since 1984.

Hank tells the story of sitting next to a Steelers scout and the Scout openly rooting for the Chargers because he said the Steelers didn't have much of a shot against the Fins.

Anybody else recall hearing Shula complain that the Chargers staff had cut the electricity to the Phins locker room at the half? I seem to recall him going off on a rant that his coaches couldn't use the chalkboards to game plan for the second half because the players were sitting around in the dark. I guess "tackle the frickin running back" and "just make the damned kick Pete" must be written on a chalk board in order for the players to execute correctly.

How about that shovel pass to the WR...that pissed me off.

The power was off in the fins locker room at halftime..........

The fins stayed outside the locker room to make adjustments......or not make adjustments............

We lost that game because we were missing 3 starters out of our defense.........

If you remember correctly his foot was out of bounds at about the 4 yard line but no instant reaplay.

Back
Top Bottom