9ers don't want to pay Manning $$ | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

9ers don't want to pay Manning $$

I think it's really bogus. I've heard from several concrete sources that Nolan is refusing to take money into the picture at #1.

dolphingator said:
I would SERIOUSLY trade UP to the 9ers to make sure we get this guy.

Saban needs to can all this trade talk and lock in on the best guy. The 9ers are trying to get all the goodies and we keep out-thinking ourselves.

What?? Trade up?? :confused: If he is the next Joe Montana we couldn't afford to trade up to get him. I don't believe any of the scouts have him rated as a can't miss prospect. Saban wants to trade down and we should collect all those little green houses. Maybe we'll get some red hotels out of this draft. We have lots of needs and hopefully, if Saban can play his cards right, we'll fill a few of them.

GO Saban and Go FINS!

bigmiamifan said:
That's ridiculous. Smith want's #1 money when there's debate whether he's worth the #1?!!?

Some of these agents should be lined up with some lawyers and shot.
if he were in last years draft he wouldnt even be in the tope 3 or 4 qbs

dolphingator said:
Smith is trying to keep from being drafted by the 49ers. He wants to come to Miami and everyone on this board seems to be determined to talk about every possible permutation of events that would keep him out of here. The man wants to be our next Super Bowl QB and you guys are so obsessed with how many picks we get like this is a Monopoly game to collect little green houses. Why is everyone so down on Smith? He will be the next Joe Montana.

Smith will LOWER the $$$ big-time for the Dolphins. We can sign him.

I would SERIOUSLY trade UP to the 9ers to make sure we get this guy.

Saban needs to can all this trade talk and lock in on the best guy. The 9ers are trying to get all the goodies and we keep out-thinking ourselves.
Stop...u dont really beleive what u just said do u? Cause if u do :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

mercury 40 said:
RELAX DOLPHIN FANS

MERCURY 40 HERE IS ON THE JOB . NEED I REMIND YOU GUYS THAT EVERY TEAM IN THE AFC EAST HAS A RESPECTABLE QB EXCEPT US. DRAFTING SMITH WOULD BE A GREAT PICK UP FOR US AND GETTING A RESPECTABLE QB IS THE CONNERSTONE TO MAKING THE PLAYOFFS.

Butt just to cover my own cabose i would chose
rd 1 qb alex smith or edwards
rd 3 the legondary morency future pro bowl rb
rd 4 wr mark braddley
rd 5 whoever the hell isnt a bust
rd 7 cb darrent williams

Smith can't be called respectable yet. For a guy that needs to learn to take snaps under center and fade back PERIOD, not just at an NFL level, not to mention that only played in a shotgun system and for only 2 years, plus he is going to be a ROOKIE QB, he can hardly be called respectable at this stage, he has proven NOTHING.

bigmiamifan said:
That's ridiculous. Smith want's #1 money when there's debate whether he's worth the #1?!!?

Some of these agents should be lined up with some lawyers and shot.

As much as I agree about the debate, his agent is doing his job, and a holdout would be the right thing to do, if hes the #1, and not given a contract similar, or more than that of mannings. If a QB is chosen at #1, he should get more than manning. Hes still the #1 pick, which means your team, said he was the best player in the draft for your team. And every year, Minimum wage tends to go up, saleries tend to go up, due to inflation. If a QB is chosen, the team needs to show them the money. His agent is doing his job.

i'm just glad we're not #1 and we don't have to pay this money :D

Back
Top Bottom