A 20+ year playoff win drought. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A 20+ year playoff win drought.

The Goat

Escape Goat
Club Member
Reaction score
Twenty-plus years. TWENTY. A playoff drought that's old enough to drink.

Fans sick of it. Players sick of it. Everyone's sick of it.

Sure, they made the playoffs a few times, but they manage to lose, sometimes in excruciating fashion, even with amazing weapons.

And 50 years since a Super Bowl. Everyone's tired of opposing fanbases saying "you haven't done anything in 50 years!"

And then, in his third year, the new HC finally wins a playoff game. Everything's rosy for the future.

Of course, I'm talking about the Kansas City Chiefs, who didn't win a playoff game between the early 90s and Andy Reid's third year as a HC. What did you think I was on about?

Patience, Dolphins fans. The best is yet to come.

Now build a team that can stop them.

Defense, Defense, Defense.

I don't want to injure Mahomes or Allen but I definitely want to hurt them (and scare them).

We gotta figure out the the OL situation before the draft so we have the ability to add to the defense.

Now build a team that can stop them.

Defense, Defense, Defense.

I don't want to injure Mahomes or Allen but I definitely want to hurt them (and scare them).

We gotta figure out the the OL situation before the draft so we have the ability to add to the defense.

While I don't disagree, that wasn't really the point of the thread. ;)

While I don't disagree, that wasn't really the point of the thread. ;)

Grier's done a nice job of plugging holes so far this off season so I don't want to get on his care, which I usually do. Granted he had to borrow the money from future teams so I am not going to say he's some kind of masterful wizard, anyone can restructure contracts. Nonetheless, the right moves have been made with that money.

If we can hit on these next two selections in April, anything is possible.

I don't want to win a playoff game, its not a barometer for me. I want to win all the playoff games. To do that, pain must be inflicted on Mahomes and Allen.

Twenty-plus years. TWENTY. A playoff drought that's old enough to drink.

Fans sick of it. Players sick of it. Everyone's sick of it.

Sure, they made the playoffs a few times, but they manage to lose, sometimes in excruciating fashion, even with amazing weapons.

And 50 years since a Super Bowl. Everyone's tired of opposing fanbases saying "you haven't done anything in 50 years!"

And then, in his third year, the new HC finally wins a playoff game. Everything's rosy for the future.

Of course, I'm talking about the Kansas City Chiefs, who didn't win a playoff game between the early 90s and Andy Reid's third year as a HC. What did you think I was on about?

Patience, Dolphins fans. The best is yet to come.

Andy Reid and Mahomes are coming to Miami? Word.

You forgot to throw dynasty in there.

Grier's done a nice job of plugging holes so far this off season so I don't want to get on his care, which I usually do. Granted he had to borrow the money from future teams so I am not going to say he's some kind of masterful wizard, anyone can restructure contracts. Nonetheless, the right moves have been made with that money.

If we can hit on these next two selections in April, anything is possible.

I don't want to win a playoff game, its not a barometer for me. I want to win all the playoff games. To do that, pain must be inflicted on Mahomes and Allen.

Agreed. I just disagree with the narrative of "Grier and McDaniel need to go" because of the length of the drought. People can go round and round about how long Grier has really been calling the shots in the draft, and who's pick is accountable to whom...but the point I'm trying to make is that flipping the table over every three or four years hasn't worked. The only consistent thing over the past 20+ years has been a lack of continuity.

Agreed. I just disagree with the narrative of "Grier and McDaniel need to go" because of the length of the drought. People can go round and round about how long Grier has really been calling the shots in the draft, and who's pick is accountable to whom...but the point I'm trying to make is that flipping the table over every three or four years hasn't worked. The only consistent thing over the past 20+ years has been a lack of continuity.

I don't really look at it as a drought anymore. We had the unlucky draw of playing the back to back champions in their building in -25 degree weather. If we had beaten Pittsburgh at home the week before and still went to Arrowhead for the same contest, wouldn't matter much to me in how I view this team.

Playoff wins don't matter unless you stack them. Best way to do that is to make the opposing QB's have something to fear. Defensively, we are middle of the pack, something has to be done to sway that arrow towards elite.

The road will go throw KC for quite a while.

To use your analogy, our "Mahomes" wouldn't come to Miami until 2027. The Chiefs build a perennial contender with Alex Smith at the helm before that.

St Pat's start early this year? About to begin myself. Then it will all make sense ... 1 bottomless bloody at a time.

Back
Top Bottom