A 2010 mock draft with a foreing approach | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A 2010 mock draft with a foreing approach

MexDolfan

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
After several months of threating my FH addiction, i give up and came back, so i have been surfing the net eating mock draft everywhere, reading very fool theories and pretty interesting information.

This is going to be rude to read fro many, but being just hours away from the beginning of 2010 draft, this is my first (and only) mock draft.

1)
With the first pick of 2010 NFL draft, St Louis Rams select Ndamukong Suh DT, Nebraska
Rams surprise everybody especially Tampa Bay, activating their plan b.

TRADE:
St Louis trade Suh to Tampa Bay in exchange of draft picks #3, #35 & also their 1st & 4th rounds of 2011.
Explanation:
Buccaneers went crazy after this pick, mostly because Detroit refused to trade, Rams knew about this and found a trade partner.

2) Detroit Lions select
Gerald McCoy DT, Oklahoma
Lions' fans look somehow disappointed for not having Suh, but McCoy was a well received pick.

3) St Louis Rams select
Sam Bradford QB, Oklahoma
After extortion on Bucs, Rams have a dreamed situation and got their QB of the future.

4)
Washington Redskins select Russell Okung OT, Oklahoma State
The first OT of the class goes to Washington to protect Donovan McNabb's blind side.

5)
Kansas City Chiefs select Brian Bulaga, OT, Iowa
Bulaga is hired as bodyguard of QB Matt Cassel.

6) Seattle Seahawks select Trent Williams OT, Oklahoma
Seattle get a tackle replacement for Walter Jones, opting to pick a QB later, allowing Hasselbeck to be their 2010 passer.

7)
Cleveland Browns select Jimmy Clausen QB, Notre Dame
Nobody expected this, but there are scouts trusting on Clausen as a West Coast passer and we know Mike Holmgren's flavors.

8) Oakland Raiders select Dez Bryant WR, Oklahoma State
Somehow it's one of the hardest picks to predict, but this old man who works as owner loves offense and he thinks they're one piece raw on talent.

TRADE: Buffalo trades with NY Giants, exchanging #9 for #15, Osi Umenyiora & Mario Manningham.
Explanation: Fearing Buffalo has planned to pick ILB McClain, G-men acted fast and the deal is pretty fair for both sides.

9) NY Giants select Rolando McClain ILB, Alabama
After a big jump for his target, Giants got the ideal ILB.

10) Jacksonville Jaguars select
Jared Odrick DT/DE, Penn State
The Jags go defense as expected.

11)
Denver Broncos select Eric Berry S, Tennessee
It's incredible he lasted this long. Berry was by far BPA.

TRADE: Miami trades with Dallas, exchanging #12 for #27, #56, and 2nd round of 2011. Also during this trade, Miami deals Smiley & #179 plus swapping picks on 3rd round this year, for Bobby Carpenter.
Explanation: Spiller is trade bait for this exchange. Miami hasn't picked yet and roster adds quality.

12) Dallas Cowboys select CJ Spiller RB, Clemson
An affinity between both FO was key for a trade that Dallas uses to improve by adding this offensive talent.

13) San Francisco 49ers select Joe Haden, CB, Florida
Singletary opted to add some help on his secondary.

14) Seattle Seahawks select Sergio Kindle OLB, Texas
This defense lacked of pass pressure and scouts point Kindle is the safest pick.

15) Buffalo Bills select Dan Williams NT, Tennessee
Bills have so many needs and their D-line looks upgraded with this pick.

16) Tennessee Titans select Brandon Graham DE, Michigan
Pass rush in the best mode

17) San Francisco 49ers select Mike Iupati OG/OT, Idaho
This O-line was bullied on 2009 and Iupati opens several options to stop defenses.

18) Pittsburgh Steelers select Maurkice Pouncey C, Florida
The Big Ben situation could drive this crazy, but Pittsburgh draft staff has been vocal about being in love with this guy. A valuable center for the future.

19) Atlanta Falcons select Jason Pierre-Paul DE, USF
JPP gets wings to sack people in a 4-3 defense.

TRADE: Houston trade with Minnesota exchanging draft picks #20 for #30, #93 & #128.
Explanation:
Earl Thomas fits well on their defensive plan, so Vikings pay the movement knowing Houston or Cincinnati would pick him.

20) Minnesota Vikings select Earl Thomas S, Texas
In a team with very specific needs on secondary and QB, they fill the biggest hole with one of those potential draft steals.

21) Cincinnati Bengals select Taylor Mays S, USC
This is one of those pick where everyone on the draft room is on the same page.

22) New England Patriots select Derrick Morgan DE/OLB, Georgia Tech
One more time the Pats got a gem. This sack machine is going to be lethal for years.

23) Green Bay Packers select Anthony Davis OT, Rutgers
After that hit that threw them off in post season, this is a security assurance for Aaron Rodgers.

TRADE: Philadelphia trade with San Diego exchanging draft picks #23 for #28, #91 & undisclosed draft picks on 2011.
Explanation:
Knowing Baltimore & Miami are looking for a NT, Chargers jump in front of them for Cody.

24) San Diego Chargers select Terrence Cody NT, Alabama
Their biggest problem is solved.

25) Baltimore Ravens select Kyle Wilson CB, Boise State
A great fit for one of the most aggressive defenses of the league.

26) Arizona Cardinals select Sean Weatherspoon LB, Mizzou
Karlos is gone, so they re-force LB corps.

27) Miami Dolphins select Jerry Hughes OLB, Texas Christian
Stop crying for JT or JP, JH comes to town as the OLB of the future.
This guy sounds as a mix of sack-machine and run-stopper.

28) Philadelphia Eagles select Tim Tebow QB, Florida
I know several scouts consider him as a risky long-term project, but he's the real thing as a football player.
Also birds understand that media will be over them since his first practice, somehow the same that last season with another risky acquisition: Michael Vick.
The master plan here is to involve a new style of the Wildcat package.

29) New York Jets select
Everson Griffen OLB, USC
Introducing JT's sack partner.

30) Houston Texans select Ryan Mathews RB, Fresno State
This team desperately need some running attack.

31) Indianapolis
Colts select Arrelious Benn WR, Illinois
Being BPA on their draft board, this guy will emerge as Peyton new primary target.

32) New Orleans Saints select Charles Brown, OT, USC
Last pick of first round gets another bodyguard, this one goes for Super Bowl MVP.

Please be polite on your comments.

wow, some interesting trades there. I think Hughes wouldn't last that long. If we made that trade and Hughes was off the board, then who? Matthews?

Fascinating.

I think a few teams will take players they know other teams want, in anticipation of a lucrative trade discussion overnight before Round 2. Seems to me you get better leverage than negotiating a trade up or down beforehand. There'll be a few players "held hostage" on the first night, I'll bet.

Really think Tebow will go so high? You'd want to be pretty sure of the long-term viability of the Wildcat in your team strategy to put that kind of value on it.

I would be stunned if the Cowboys had any interest in Spiller when they already have that type of player in Felix Jones.

I don't get Dallas for Spiller, they already have a game breaker back in Jones. If Spiller fell in their lap maybe, but no way are they giving up that much to draft him. If they move up its for Thomas or Berry.

Today's NFL without cap and with several teams using more than one RB it's pretty common to have two or more player that fit in the playbook.

But on Felix being the same than CJ, I don't think they have the same style of moving the ball. CJ is more flexible as a RB who may serve as receiver once he gets open.

On "Why the heck would we want Bobby Carpenter?", well he was drafted first round by Ireland & crew, so I think they know him.
And they know he sucks. You don't "re-draft" mistakes. Just because they drafted the guy doesn't mean he was a good pick, he was a bust. He has 3 starts in 4 seasons. It's like us trading a 6th round pick to get Ted Ginn back.

My theory says he could have better chances here in Miami, but you are right by pointing this could be useless.

In other words this could be a trash in trash out deal where fins could find a gem.

Replying to "And they know he sucks. You don't "re-draft" mistakes. Just because they drafted the guy doesn't mean he was a good pick, he was a bust. He has 3 starts in 4 seasons. It's like us trading a 6th round pick to get Ted Ginn back."

If you use a hammer to open a can there could be bad results, and that doesn't mean you can't use it to put a nail.

Back
Top Bottom