A 6 game suspension for Deshaun Watson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A 6 game suspension for Deshaun Watson

Adam First

Excellence in Mediocrity
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

lol. Expect the NFL to appeal this ruling - what a toxic situation to be in.

andyahs

Bahamian Redneck
Club Member
Reaction score
This is too funny or outrageous. Hopkins gets the exact same suspension for a small amount of "illegal" substance in his body.

Godell better have them appeal this crap. One year minimum.

Rick Cartman

It is what it is
Reaction score
I don't know the collective bargaining details, but did this have to go to an arbitrator? I recall Goodell and the league dropping the hammer on players without going through this process including Hopkins and Ridley.
What possibly happened here was the fix was in with the league and the Browns and they used the arbitrator so the NFL can avoid being forced to drop the hammer on Watson or getting the bad PR for giving him a slap on the wrist like this.
Reading his deposition transcript it's perturbing this is the result they arrived at.

Rev Kev

Tank for Tua Apologist
Club Member
Reaction score
Season 4 Nbc GIF by Good Girls

GhostArmOfMarino

Active Roster
Reaction score
Now I sort of regret not trading for him knowing it's only 6 games....but the past is over. Hopefully Tua makes me not feel that regret this year.

Fred Bear

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Blehh I'm glad we didn't get him because karma is a bitch. Bound to bite somebody hard in the ass eventually.

Joe Dolfan

Club Member
Reaction score

This dirtbag worked out a contract with the Browns to make less than 700k this year and 46 million every year afterwards, so that he loses a minimal amount from his suspension.

After his Brownies fan arbitrator handed out the 6 game suspension, the NFL will appeal. I want an indefinite ban, like Rice got, but I'd settle for at least 2 years, so he feels it.

Top Bottom