A big "chance" for Brunell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A big "chance" for Brunell

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Funny how just a little wording change can make a huge difference in your perspective. I, like many Dolfans, was derpressed to read this in Armando Salguero's latest Herald article:

The Redskins coach made it clear to the Jaguars quarterback he would be the starter and there would be no quarterback controversy if he came to Washington, according to an NFL source.

That seemingly removes a significant obstacle keeping Brunell from balking at going to Washington in a trade. It also decreases the Dolphins' chances of landing Brunell as their starting quarterback for 2004.

Redskins have edge on Brunell

Bummer, eh?

But look at how the Washington Post characterizes that same conversation:

Washington Coach Joe Gibbs met with Brunell in the Jacksonville area Monday night and gave him assurances that he would at least compete for the starting job, according to a source close to Brunell.

Redskins officials and Brunell's representatives described the get-together in positive terms. According to a source close to Brunell, a significant hurdle was cleared when the quarterback was told by Gibbs he would have a chance to be the starter.

Ramsey upset

If Brunell came to the Dolphins (for anything less than their #20 pick, mind you), he would not only be guaranteed the starting job, but possibly a mayoral position when he retires.

Bottom line? There's a HUGE difference between "you'll be the starter" and "you'll at least have a chance to be the starter."

Which source is right? Or if it's the same source, who QUOTED the source correctly? It could be a big deal when this big deal goes down.

Mods, you may want to plunk this in "Commentary." I got a little carried away. :blush:

I always liked reading your posts Dr Z... Always seem to get me optimistic again!

So I say lets still stay pat with the offer of a 4th rounder and telling him he will start!?

What do you expect from Armando Salguero Dr?

The guy has no love for the Dolphins, he's not even biased any more.

Oliver...

Oliver -- now see, I thought about that, but I decided to take the high road. Sort of.

I think it would be a huge mistake for the Skinz to trade for Brunell. If they do, and end up losing Ramsey in the process, they'll regret it big time....

Ramsey is young, and he's now pretty well groomed too. He's taken his rookie hits well, and I can't see why Gibbs would demote him in favor of a dinosaur like Brunell...

Ramsey has twice the upside Brunell does IMO. Brunell has already shown everyone what he can and can't do at age 33. Ramsey is still one of those young guns who has lots of big things ahead of him....

PHINZ RULE!!!

:fire:

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
Oliver -- now see, I thought about that, but I decided to take the high road. Sort of.

I'll take any road I can so long as I feel it's true. I have very lil doubt, short of them admitting it, some of the reporters covering the Dolphins have it out for the ppl who run the Dolphins.

Oliver...

I know that I said this before but this might be a blessing in disguise...sure I would like Brunell here but I would much rather have Ramsey than Brunell...now if the Skins trade for Brunell and Ramsey demands a trade...I would not think twice about going after Ramsey...I even would consider giving the Skins our 20th pick this year for Ramsey...who knows...this might be a blessing in disguise!!!

I personally would prefer Brunell and our #20 pick intact. We'll see. It's starting to look like a more either/or situation.

That 20th pick...might not turn out to be a good one...that 20th pick might not make an impact right away...that 20th pick might end up in the Pro Bowl next season...were Ramsey has been a solid QB for the Redskins...strong arm...great talent...and has already been through the "growing pains" I'd rather have Ramsey than the 20th pick and Brunell...IMO!!!

Originally posted by ohall

I'll take any road I can so long as I feel it's true. I have very lil doubt, short of them admitting it, some of the reporters covering the Dolphins have it out for the ppl who run the Dolphins.

Oliver...

This is very well true, Oliver. Another angle on it is that as long as the reporters spin it just enough to keep a story continuing and interesting, it secures their jobs even more. that is probably their first and main objective anyway. ya think?? ;)

Back
Top Bottom