A Complete Look at Terrell Owens | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Complete Look at Terrell Owens

I liked the Dallas star thing . . . thought is was funny as hell and Dallas was being a bunch of little girls for taking offense

RLMIAMI said:
Here you genius... Enjoy, let me know if you need help with the big words....:sidelol:

[SIZE=-1]9.[/SIZE][URL="http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0446607479.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg"]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0446607479.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg[/URL] [SIZE=-1]Pros and Cons : The Criminals Who Play in the NFL
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]by Don Yaeger, Jeff Benedict[/SIZE][/FONT] (Paperback - October 1, 1999)
Avg. Customer Rating: http://g-images.amazon.com/images/G/01/detail/stars-4-0.gif
(Rate this item)
Other Editions: Hardcover | Paperback | See all (7)
[/SIZE]Usually ships in 2 to 3 weeks
List Price: $7.99 Buy new: $7.99 Used & new from $0.39

Deal, you help me with the big words, I'll help you with the math. Just one question.....how will you be able to pronounce the big words with your foot in your mouth? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Sadly, the Bronco deal is likely to happen.

It's a well-thought out post. I think you are oversimplifying some of the issues and undersimplifying (is that a word ?/) others...I don't agree with all of your conclusions either.

My take is that he has repeatedly shown a tendency to create conflict wherever he's been. It doesn't matter who the coaches, FOs or players were, he created conflicts with all of them. Did the 49ers and the Iggles handle him correctly on all accounts, no...they both share some of the blame. But, my biggest issue with TO is simply that, not only does he not know that there is no I in TEAM, he doesn't think the lettters T-E-A-M exist.

That won't fit with Saban's philosophy. That shouldn't be allowed to exist in the Fins lockerroom either. In fact, based on his actions and war of words, I'd go as far to say that he doesn't belong in the league at all. He tears at the foundation of football being the ultimate team sport.

After my holier-than-thou comments, let me add that while I think he is one of the top 3-4 WRs, I also think that his age and penchant for injury has to be evaluated for what it is...he has had some nagging injuries, (and the broken ankle as well) that have caused him to not be 100%. You dogged Moss in your post for the same thing...he'll be 33 at the start of the season. He may have another season in him, afterall he only played less than 1/2 a season the last two, but history has shown that age seems to catch up to WRs all at once...one day they are in the their prime, and the next they are over the hill...

As you said, I doubt he'll come cheap. He'll want up-front money and I think most teams are not going to do that with him. I don't care to go thru that crap again here. If TO wants to be the center of controversy somewhere, let it be anywhere but here.

Lungoystr said:
Deal, you help me with the big words, I'll help you with the math. Just one question.....how will you be able to pronounce the big words with your foot in your mouth? :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

good one :sidelol:

RLMIAMI said:
For those of us who dont give a f__k about a players attitude just his production, you just wasted a lot of time by typing this obviously slanted view.
Bottom Line:
TO is the BEST WR in the game
TO would immediately make us a contender
TO will not put up with the BS that most of the Offensive players expound on this team.
TO should be a dolphin because, that is in the best interest of the dolphins

Sometimes I wonder about those who insist on responding to everyone with such an attitude. The tell it like it is, internet bully type cracks me up.

Talk about a waste of time...........

is this RLMIAMI kid serious? just another reason why websites like this need parental locks.

DrAstroZoom said:
First, the implication that Garcia was gay came in a Playboy interview AFTER Owens had left the team.
However, his implication that Rattay should be starting over Garcia and that the Eagles would be better off with Farve than McNabb both came when he was with each team.

DrAstroZoom said:
Second, the 49ers weren't always opposed to T.O.'s hijinks.
From the Clayton column you referred to: "I don't know much about it,'' Mariucci said of Owens' signing session. "That's a new one. I haven't seen that one before. We don't teach that.'' While Mariucci certainly could have worded this a bit more strongly, it still sounds pretty much opposed to it to me.
Oh, and after the incident where he spiked the football on the Dallas Cowboys' star: "Owens drew the ire of coach Steve Mariucci for his actions, drawing a fine and a one-game suspension. Since that game, Owens has seen his relationship with Mariucci steadily deteriorate."
RLMIAMI said:
...for the title of "Team With the QB and HC Most Likely To Kill One of Their Own Players".
RLMIAMI said:
TO will not put up with the BS that most of the Offensive players expound on this team.
I agree... he'd be too busy creating too much of his own BS to put up with anyone else's.
RLMIAMI said:
If they're looking into destroying any semblence of team chemistry, I agree.
RLMIAMI said:
Fact is they are human and like the rest of us are succeptable to errors and mistakes.
Unfortunately, unlike (most of) the rest of us, TO has shown no interest or ability to learn from past errors and mistakes.
lotion said:
Oh, and I knew someone would have to quote your entire post. Why??
Because endowing the world with their pearls of wisdom soonest is more important than menial tasks such as editing.

Puffboy(ricky) said:
I liked the Dallas star thing . . . thought is was funny as hell and Dallas was being a bunch of little girls for taking offense

If he signed with another team and tried that stunt on our Fins logo, I would jump onto the field and piledrive him in the middle of that logo. That is if Randy McMichael or Zach Thomas didnt get to him first

RLMIAMI said:
For those of us who dont give a f__k about a players attitude just his production, you just wasted a lot of time by typing this obviously slanted view.
Bottom Line:
TO is the BEST WR in the game
Question
What "BS" do most of the offensive players on this team expound?

Sport is littered with guys who are very talented who end up dissapating their talent due to off field problems.
Examples from Soccer: George Best, Diego Maradonna, Paul Gasgoigne
Examples from the NFL: Andre Rison, Joe Don Looney, Cecil Collins

One thing history does show is that these flawed characters, no matter how talented, no matter which sport they play, tend to implode spectacularly on reaching their 30s when their physical skills start to decline.

While it's a well written synopsis, there is nothing new here. It's all been discussed ad nauseam.

Back
Top Bottom