A corner Miami should get in the draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A corner Miami should get in the draft

phinfanNY08

Starter
Reaction score
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Name[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alan Zemaitis[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CDS
Top #43 Pick!
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]School[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Penn State[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Class[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2006[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Height[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]602.0[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]202[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Speed[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.45 (Unofficial) [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CB [/font]
[/font]
Alan is a fierce competitior and the leader of a tough Nittany Lion defense. In his 3 years at PSU he has revitalized a horrible defense and brought it back to somewhat respectability. His long arms and legs make him a tough object for a receiver to get around. Very fluid hips and good closing and recovery speed, Alan is rarely out of position or out of the play. He is one of the most intense individuals in the NCAA, and that attitude translates onto the football field. In the last few years, he hasnt seen many balls thrown his way. Alan wont intercept a lot of passes, but he has a good ammount of PBUs. A quality person who is still not getting alot of the hype he should, he should be a first or 2nd round pick in the upcoming 2006 NFL Draft.

http://condraft.com/player.php?id=544&cancelSignup=1
I seen and played football with Alan and everything that is said there is true. Has anyone seen him play?

Anyone think he would be a good replacement for madison either to play corner or start in the nickel package?

Last edited by a moderator:
SabanEra84 said:
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Name[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Alan Zemaitis[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CDS
Top #43 Pick!
[/font]​
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]School[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Penn State[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Class[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2006[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Height[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]602.0[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weight[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]202[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Speed[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4.45 (Unofficial) [/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Position[/font][font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CB [/font]
[/font]
Alan is a fierce competitior and the leader of a tough Nittany Lion defense. In his 3 years at PSU he has revitalized a horrible defense and brought it back to somewhat respectability. His long arms and legs make him a tough object for a receiver to get around. Very fluid hips and good closing and recovery speed, Alan is rarely out of position or out of the play. He is one of the most intense individuals in the NCAA, and that attitude translates onto the football field. In the last few years, he hasnt seen many balls thrown his way. Alan wont intercept a lot of passes, but he has a good ammount of PBUs. A quality person who is still not getting alot of the hype he should, he should be a first or 2nd round pick in the upcoming 2006 NFL Draft.

http://condraft.com/player.php?id=544&cancelSignup=1
I seen and played football with Alan and everything that is said there is true. Has anyone seen him play?

Anyone think he would be a good replacement for madison either to play corner or start in the nickel package?

With his size, I'm sure Saban will have a look at him. But I can't see us spending a second on a corner with all the other needs we have. We've got a fairly solid crop of CB's in Poole, Mitchell and Daniels. I think the position we need to address in the draft is safety. I'll bet Saban goes looking out in the early rounds for that Rodney Harrison type player be it in the form of Michael Huff, Laron Landry or Darnell Bing.

Pink_Dove said:
With his size, I'm sure Saban will have a look at him. But I can't see us spending a second on a corner with all the other needs we have. We've got a fairly solid crop of CB's in Poole, Mitchell and Daniels. I think the position we need to address in the draft is safety. I'll bet Saban goes looking out in the early rounds for that Rodney Harrison type player be it in the form of Michael Huff, Laron Landry or Darnell Bing.

just like Saban went after Ernest Shazor last year

Zemaitis is going to be a late first rounder early second we won't have a chance at him. A corner I would like to see in Miami is Jason Allen, he was projected to be a top 15 pick before hurting his knee. He is still projected first round but could fall to us in the second do to sitting out this year with the injury. He can also play safety. Here is a little info on him.
http://www.nflfans.com/x/2006/showplayer.php?key=Jason Allen

PhinSoldia said:
just like Saban went after Ernest Shazor last year

Good point, that's the big question. I think Bing is the real deal for a strong safety, I'm not sure Huff is as good as his hype, and we know Nick has the inside scouting track on LaRon Landry.

RoninFin4 said:
I'd rather take DeMario Minter from Georgia

Minter could make it to the third round, but I'd still like to see him in a Dolphins uniform next year

Zemaitis wouldnt be bad in like rd2 or 3 but the CB i really want for the Phins is Ashton Youboty from The Ohio State University. Reminds me of a younger Shawn Springs minus the roids and injuries.

jason allen

Count Jason Allen out for right now. I was reading a medical evaluation and he may never play again.

Michael Huff would be a better fit anyway. A safety is what you need.

Boik14 said:
Zemaitis wouldnt be bad in like rd2 or 3 but the CB i really want for the Phins is Ashton Youboty from The Ohio State University. Reminds me of a younger Shawn Springs minus the roids and injuries.

Gotta love Shawn Springs. I wouldn't mind Youboty either, he's a little undersized though isn't he? Where's he projected to go.

Another safety to look at is Greg Blue from Georgia...He is an awesome hitter and has good measurements at 6-2 217 and very quick

RoninFin4 said:
Gotta love Shawn Springs. I wouldn't mind Youboty either, he's a little undersized though isn't he? Where's he projected to go.
Youboty's a solid 5-11 to 6-0. Tall physical fast with good ball skills. Figure Mid rd 1 with a good combine/pro day.

banzaitrey said:
Another safety to look at is Greg Blue from Georgia...He is an awesome hitter and has good measurements at 6-2 217 and very quick
I agree. I like Blue. I want to see how he runs though before I hop on that bandwagon. I love the physicality to his game but Im not sure if hes more LB than SS yet like Thomas Davis last year

smellafetus said:
Count Jason Allen out for right now. I was reading a medical evaluation and he may never play again.
:link:

Back
Top Bottom