A Couple Of Tid Bits From Peter King | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Couple Of Tid Bits From Peter King

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
His offensive player of the week:

Miami WR Chris Chambers, for his three touchdown receptions in the Dolphins' 40-21 rout of Dallas on Thanksgiving Day. I've thought for a while that Chambers was on par with the really great ones in the game, but I expected that he'd always have a hard time showcasing his talent as part of that feeble Dolphins passing game. Thursday he showed the breadth of his talent -- his game-breaking speed, and his Cris Carter-like ability to make the impossible catch while getting both big toes down before falling out of bounds. Use Chambers more, Norv Turner.

Coach of the week:

Miami coach Dave Wannstedt. We know the pressure Wannstedt's under. He's coaching to keep his job right now. But he got his team ready to go under the most adverse of NFL circumstances -- a Sunday-night donnybrook at home, followed four days later with the set-up match against the red-hot Cowboys halfway across the country. I mean, how do you even have a good practice during that short a week? You can't work your players hard on Monday, 13 hours after a brutal game, so you have to pack three days of preparation into Tuesday. And then you have to fly out Wednesday afternoon. But his guys still went out and totally embarrassed Dallas. Heck of a job by Wannstedt and his staff.

From his weekly picks:

c. New England 23, Miami 20. I can't believe I'm writing this, but Jay Fiedler is playing so well right now that this is basically a pick-'em affair.

I particularly like that last one. Even though he picks the 'Fins to lose he basically says that he has no idea who's going to wind and is just going with the favorite/home team. This- hopefully- should be a good game this weekend.

King is an entertaining read even when he reveals his cluelessness by saying something absurd in his column. He for one is a classy Patriots fan for saying what he does after that pick...

Back
Top Bottom