A Couple trades to possibly consider | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Couple trades to possibly consider

firemanx

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok i know i may catch some serious heat for this, but I think something we need to seriously consider is trading some of our veterns for draft picks. Unless we make a huge push in FA this yr i dont think we can expect more then 6-8 wins next season, and thats being extremely nice. With such a low chance of playoff aspirations next yr I think this be a better investment for the future. No matter what we put on the field next yr i will support my FINS 110%.

Offense
Damion McIntosh - LT - 4th rounder in return - McIntosh will be 30 @ the start of next season, and wont help us down the road as he ages. If we can auire an extra pick, and Build towards the future i'll be happy.

LJ Shelton - RG - 5th rounder - One of the keys for this offseason is a solid draft, and we can acuire the 5th we traded away to Det for Harrington.

Marty Booker - WR - (SEE JT) Booker is still a producer, and came on strong at the end of the yr, and we need to get Hagan into the game more to see what potential he has for the future.

Defense
Jason Taylor - DE - JT is one of my favorite all time Dolphins, but he will never win a championship here within the next 2 yrs, and i wouldnt mind trading him if it gets him a ring, and us more draft picks. Coming off his Defensive MVP award his value is @ its peak. Package Taylor and Marty Boker to the Rams for there #1

Zach Thomas - ILB - Zach is aging, and wont be around much longer. Give him a shot @ a Superbowl and acuire more picks. If we could send Zach to the NYG for there 2nd round pick, and i would be happy.

Will Allen -CB - Allen is another guy who could get us a draft pick in return. Im thinking possibly a 3rd. He could be a solid #2 CB for any team in this league, and could help any team alot more then a CB they would draft in the 3rd.

If we could do this it would then leave us with a stockpile of picks, and a bright future.

2 first round picks
2 second round picks
2 3rds
2 4ths
1 5th
1 6th
1 7th

im not gonna bash you because i wish it could happen..besides the JT, and ZT trade...but honestly i dont think Mcintosh and LJ could warrant those picks but who knows..maybe they could?

Cap hits? Zach, JT, and Booker all offer us substantial ones. The Booker hit is possible based on his contract. Also McIntosh, and Shelton also have substantial hits. However they both may be possibilities based on their cap numbers next year.

1. Why would you trade Shelton, who was GREAT for us at OG, for a 5th? thats ridiculous.

2. Why would the rams want Booker? they have some pretty good WRs there. no need for him.

3. The Giants want what with Zach? Antonio Peirce is a beast and is only 28.

4. Like above said, Cap hits would be monumental.

5. all and all, no...

Ok i know i may catch some serious heat for this, but I think something we need to seriously consider is trading some of our veterns for draft picks. Unless we make a huge push in FA this yr i dont think we can expect more then 6-8 wins next season, and thats being extremely nice. With such a low chance of playoff aspirations next yr I think this be a better investment for the future. No matter what we put on the field next yr i will support my FINS 110%.

Offense
Damion McIntosh - LT - 4th rounder in return - McIntosh will be 30 @ the start of next season, and wont help us down the road as he ages. If we can auire an extra pick, and Build towards the future i'll be happy.

LJ Shelton - RG - 5th rounder - One of the keys for this offseason is a solid draft, and we can acuire the 5th we traded away to Det for Harrington.

Marty Booker - WR - (SEE JT) Booker is still a producer, and came on strong at the end of the yr, and we need to get Hagan into the game more to see what potential he has for the future.

Defense
Jason Taylor - DE - JT is one of my favorite all time Dolphins, but he will never win a championship here within the next 2 yrs, and i wouldnt mind trading him if it gets him a ring, and us more draft picks. Coming off his Defensive MVP award his value is @ its peak. Package Taylor and Marty Boker to the Rams for there #1

Zach Thomas - ILB - Zach is aging, and wont be around much longer. Give him a shot @ a Superbowl and acuire more picks. If we could send Zach to the NYG for there 2nd round pick, and i would be happy.

Will Allen -CB - Allen is another guy who could get us a draft pick in return. Im thinking possibly a 3rd. He could be a solid #2 CB for any team in this league, and could help any team alot more then a CB they would draft in the 3rd.

If we could do this it would then leave us with a stockpile of picks, and a bright future.

2 first round picks
2 second round picks
2 3rds
2 4ths
1 5th
1 6th
1 7th

i'm for trading our whole offensive line for tomlinson

Hey I agree with your idea on trading all of those players would be a massive cap hit though but only for one year so that would be nice. however the O-line trades would only net 5 maybe 6th round pics at the highest. lets look for this year to be a rebuilding year. we could see 80 to 90% change in our staff.

Offense

Defense

2 first round picks
2 second round picks
2 3rds
2 4ths
1 5th
1 6th
1 7th

:lol: MacIntosh is a UFA...how can you trade him?

if the new coach opts for a "youth movement", then i think you'll see a few trades that will surprise us all.

i don't thin mcintosh and shelton will get us the picks you suggest...maybr 5th/6th at best

Trade the 9th to NE for their 22 and 28, according the Draft value chart their will need to a flip of later rounds pick to make the shortfall.

Agree in Taylor and Thomas, blasphemy to some however the Phins are in complete rebuild mode and those two have earned the right to chase a ring with a contender.

u have got to be absolutely kidding with those trades dont be suprised when none of them happen. JT and zach will not leave unless by retirement, why does everyone want them traded etc, those suggestions are just ludacris these guys are the soul of the team and just earned high defensive honours for the past season yet still people doubt them and want them out...ridiculous!

Yea let's trade the best two players on defense for the past decade! Do you honestly believe we will find better in the draft? Shelton did a great job at OG. Why trade him now? The goal is not to create more holes it is to fill a few. 4th and 5th rounders will not fill our holes!

Back
Top Bottom