A defensive line idea | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A defensive line idea

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I think that on passing downs we should take Bowens and Chester out since they can't pressure the QB and insert Burnett and Williams in the middle while have Taylor and Ogunleye outside. It will put tons of pressure on the QB to have four guys rushing him opposed to two. What do you guys think?

Good idea. I'm glad the coaches already thought of it and have been experimenting with it all preseason.

It will be tough for any QB to get the ball off with those four coming at him....

DE/DT J. Williams has really been a nice addition at DT on passing downs. In a limited basis, he's generated more pass-rush than any of the other DT's IMO......

I see big things from our DL this season as long as everyone stays healthy....The rotation is as strong as I've seen in years....

PHINZ RULE!!!

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Good idea. I'm glad the coaches already thought of it and have been experimenting with it all preseason.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by ckparrothead

:lol: Well, I didn't know! I guess I think the same as the Fins coaches.:) :lol:

If the opposing offense has a fairly good running back, they could check off to a draw and that would hurt us big time.

Originally posted by Miamian
If the opposing offense has a fairly good running back, they could check off to a draw and that would hurt us big time.
I agree - Williams is a big boy, but overall that is a small DL. If it is 3 and more than 6, that is OK, but less than 6 and a DT should stay in. Not sure if any of the DTs is a good pass rusher other than a healthy Chester possibly as a pocket collapser.

Back
Top Bottom