A Different Looking Mock | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Different Looking Mock

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Everybody on this board has their own wishlist for what we should do in the draft. Personally, we could go probably 20 different ways after out first pick and I'd be happy. This draft is gonna be a little different in terms of who we take at certain points, but knowing what we need, and where people might go, I think this draft would be pretty interesting...

1.Chris Long DE, Virginia I struggled between Long and Dorsey for this pick, but honestly, you can't go wrong either way. In the end I went with Long cause of his versitility. He's played his college career as a 3-4 DE. He projects well as a 4-3 DE, a 3-4 OLB, and could possible even become a 3-4 ILB. It was a hard choice, but either way I think we walk out with an all-pro player.

2a.Pat Simms DT, Auburn Pat Sims is a very good prospect that probably hurt himself coming out. Not because he's a poor player, but because he's a boarderline first round talent this year, but would be an upper tier player after a senior year. Projects well towards becoming a NT, and can also get pressure into the backfield.

2b.Jack Ikegwuonu CB, Wisconsin A very good CB that will probably get picked a lot lower than he deserves. Tall, physical CB that has shut down some good WRs in college. Where he gets picked has a lot to do with his 40 times (early indications are 4.5, but Wisconsin officials claim he can run a 4.3). Speed not withstanding, he has a minor character concern (one time incident), but he could be the best CB in the draft.

3.Martellus Bennett TE, Texas A&M A bit of wishful thinking on my part, but stranger things have happened. An athletic freak at TE, but rather unproductive while at A&M. Could fall for the simple fact that not many teams need a TE. Could go a lot higher, or could go a lot lower.

4.Branden Albert OG, Virginia A questionable decision for a guard to leave college early, but Albert is a very good prospect. Ireland and Parcells are probable keeping an eye on him (Al Groh is a Parcells deciple) so could be an interesting pick.

5.No Pick as of now.

6.Jamar Adams S, Michigan Adams could go a number of places in the draft; he could go as early as the 2nd round with a good combine, or be undrafted. A bit of a disappointment at Michigan that blossomed into a leader as a senior. Could at the very least help out on ST.

7.Marcus Richardon LB, Troy Not overly big (220 LBs) but has the frame to put on weight. Probably more of a ST player, but who knows, Troy has a way of producing NFL talent.

Probably not gonna be a favorite among my peers, but I'd love to hear everybody's thoughts

Not sure if Bennett will still be there then but otherwise I really like it.

Wouldn't mind seeing a WR in there somewhere though.

Everybody on this board has their own wishlist for what we should do in the draft. Personally, we could go probably 20 different ways after out first pick and I'd be happy. This draft is gonna be a little different in terms of who we take at certain points, but knowing what we need, and where people might go, I think this draft would be pretty interesting...

Probably not gonna be a favorite among my peers, but I'd love to hear everybody's thoughts

How about this: instead of projecting guys that will change umpteen times between now and the draft we list some guys that fit the mold of player that Parcels and Ireland have typically "liked", very very general skill set and requirements?

QB: Bigger guy with some intangibles and a strong arm, ala Bedsoe and Simms:
Flacco:even though I do not particularly like the guy.
JDB: Strong arm good size and inconsistent.
Flynn: Good arm and loads of intangibles.
Ainge: Even though I am no big fan.

RB:Big inside the tackle type, probably a later round guy in this draft not a huge need position:
Cory Boyd, Ben Jarvis Green, Chauncey Washington, Matt Forte, Kregg Lumpkin

WR:Bigger WR that move the chains.
Malcom Kelly, Adarius Bowman, Marcus Monk, Limas Sweed, Andre Caldwell (bit small),Paul Hubbard, Greg Carr, Mario Arruita, Will Franklin.

TE:Big intermediate reciever that blocks
Marcellus Bennet, Fred Davis, John Carlson, Joe Jon Finley,

OL:Big, Big and Big with solid base and anchor
Loadholt, Otah, Jake Long, Hills, Giocomini, Tyler Luellen, King Dunlap, Robinson, Velasco, Will Arnold, McGlyn, Tevaga, Clark, and Kerry Brown.

DL:Bigger inside and pass rushers outside
Dorsey, Long, Gholston, Harrington, Pressley, Okam, Bryant, Douzable

OLB:Big pass rushers
Rivers, Bell, Crable, Conner, Ruud,

ILB:Smart, run stoppers
Goff, Kadela,

CB's: Taller or stout M2M coverage guys
DRC, Lowry, Jenkins, Thomas, Terrell, Burnett

Safeties: Physical play the run first types
Zib, Wolfe, Adams, Barrett, Demps, Phillips

And there are some guys you can cross off the wish list because of character: Moffit, Hardy, Joiner, Castille, Torain,

And some guys I really like as players that do not fit the mold:
Harry Douglas, Martin Rucker, Justice, Baker, Cherilius, and Pedro Sosa

and some way overrated IMHO guys..just my opinion before I get flamed!!
#1 with a bullet....Phillip Wheeler, Everyone else is number 2: Craig Steltz, Wallace Gilberry, Sedrick Ellis, Calais Campbell, Talib, Zac Bowman, Slaton, Hercules Satele, Early Doucett

My favorites from the list: Matt Flynn, Boyd, Sweed, Hubbard, Kerry Brown, Otah, Luellen, Velasco, Harrington, Bell...and of course cannot go wrong with either Long or Dorsey IMHO........

like whatcha got.

I've seen a bunch of bulldawg games i'd like velasco in the later rounds

Loadholt didn't declare did he? If he did he needs to be taken with the first pick in the second round. That guy is going to be a beast at the next level, sure fire all pro.

Loadholt didn't declare did he? If he did he needs to be taken with the first pick in the second round. That guy is going to be a beast at the next level, sure fire all pro.

no he did not. He was looking for a solid first round grade, and he was not getting that. Plus, he was embarrassed by how he played against West Virginia.

Oh and shamelessly bump this thread for others to admire my work:D

Back
Top Bottom