A different mock 3/16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A different mock 3/16

Finsfan79

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Warning, this is a different draft as I thought I would be a little different then most of those coming out right now. Please forgive me if I get your pick wrong later on in the draft, just tell me good reasons and I will change it.

The following assumptions are made with this Mock draft:
TO signs with Dallas
Abraham is traded to Atlanta for a 2nd round pick and a conditional pick
Lions release Joey whom signs elsewhere as a backup
Keyshawn to Philly

Houston trades the number 1 pick to Tennesse Titans for 1st and 2nd round pick and a 3rd next year
New Orleans trades number 2 pick to Green Bay Packers for their 1st and 2nd round pick and a next year’s 3rd round pick
Miami trades pick number 16 to Jacksonville for pick number 28 and a 2nd round pick and a 5th round pick

1 Tennesse Titans (from Houston Texans) – Matt Leinart QB USC – He is the top QB in the draft and Tennesse has wanted him but didn’t figure they could get him till the brees signing. House wants to trade back and be able to fix their offensive line and they can now. The Jets threaten to trade upwards but Tennesse jumps them instead. Matt is back with Chow and will do wonders for their offense in a year’s time.

2 Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans Saints) – Reggie Bush RB USC – Seeing Reggie sitting there Green Bay leaps up to snag him. Gabo can be a solid backup and goalline back where Reggie will be their stud please. This move gives them a top running back to go along with Brett. Green is there on a one year ticket but he fumbles too much and gets hurt too often. Reggie is much better of a player

3 Houston Texans (from Tennesse Titans) – Dbrickshaw Ferguson LT Virgina - A drop back gives them more picks for later on and more importantly lets them address a need. That need being a left tackle. Here they sign that left tackle in picking up D’Brickshaw.

4 New York Jets – Jay Cutler QB Vandy – They get a solid quarterback for the future with a big time arm. He will sit for a year behind Chad but then should be able to take over the reins with a winner mentality that fits the jets.

5 New Orleans Saints (from Green Bay Packers) – AJ Hawks LB Ohio State – Traded back from the number 2 spot and get the player that they wanted all along. They pick up a top notch linebacker to make an impact and replace hodge.

6 San Francisco 49ers – Vernon Davis TE Maryland – Top notch playmaking offensive player in the draft. This kid is amazing and gives Smith a big time target to look for next year.

7 Oakland Raiders – Mario Williams DE NCS – They could go Young here but I cant see them ever passing up Mario Williams. This guy is such a beast any other year he is a top pick in the draft. He should be great out there for an impact player
8 Buffalo Bills – Haloti Ngata NT Oregon – top notch run stuffer that can fill in. I could see brodrick bunkley being the pick easily as well.

9 Detriot Lions – Michael Huff DB Texas – What can you say about Michael Huff that hasn’t already been said on here a hundred times? He loves IHOP. He wants to spend his first check to purchase one actually. We Detriot meet your new pancake boy

10 Arizona Cardinals – Vince Young QB Texas – This is as far as I could possibly see Young falling. Here he is plucked up for sure by Arizona whom can have Warner mentor him for 2 years then let him take on over. He will be a few years for a project but his upside is so high he is worth the risk.

11 St. Louis Rams – Tye Hill CB Clemson – 4.3 time is the key here. Upon that turf of the dome it shall seem even faster. He will bring an impact to the defense, reminding me much of Hall for the Falcons. Because speed kills and make up speed to play the ball kills even more to opposing QBs

12 Cleveland Browns – Brodrick Bunkley DT/DE (3-4) FSU – They fill a need for a run stuffer and pass rusher. He is a player that can make a major impact upon a game and change the face of a game. I think he will be solid within the 3-4 system as a DE for Cleveland and if he puts on weight could be that NT.

13 Baltimore Ravens – Winston Justice OT USC – They picked up some depth in other parts of their team. A big time lineman will be helpful for the long term and see that Lewis gets proper holes opened for the line.

14 Philadelphia Eagles – Eric Winston OT UM – He had a great pro day and a great combine. I see his stock rising to around here. They need some more help to protect Donnovan McNabb.

15 Atlanta Falcons – Jimmy Williams DB VT – His stock has dropped off some because of attitude problems and other reasons but I cant see Atlanta passing him up. With Hill off of the board he is the next best thing to an elite cover corner within the draft

16 Jacksonville Jaguars (from Miami Dolphins) – DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis – Big time running back that will end up being a steal this late in the draft. They jump some teams to pick up a back that can be brought in for a two back system with Fred Taylor and take over for him eventually.

17 Minnesota Vikings – Ernie Sims LB FSU – Linebacker with lots of talent and ability that can step in and play for them right away

18 Dallas Cowboys – Marcus McNeil OT Auburn – A big mammoth of a man that can come in and be a Right tackle for the team this year. Their tackles were 1 and 2 that gave up the most sacks. They pick up TO in the offseason and address another big time need here at Right Tackle.

19 San Diego Chargers – Johnathan Scott OT Texas – Another big time tackle is dragged off the board swiftly. The chargers need more depth upon the offensive line and this will be a help right away for them.

20 Kansas City Chiefs – Tamba Hali DE PSU – Big time defensive end that can make some major plays, he can help solidify the herm Edwards defense. The more pressure upon the Quarterback the better for secondary to help out the defense.

21 New England Patriots – Lendale White RB USC – I hate how this one fell personally but he is sitting there for the Pats. Lendale is a big time bruising running back. He will be able to assist Dillon and next year take over for him entirely.

22 Denver Broncos – Chad Jackson WR UF – A big time WR with the size and speed to make an impact. They have a speed burner in Ashley but he can come in and assist for a procession WR.

23 Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Thomas Howard LB UTEP – A very fast strong linebacker that can easily hold up within their cover 2 system.

24 Cincinnati Beganls – Chad Greenway LB Iowa – Another big time linebacker that has fallen because of his strength issues. But he is upon the other side a big time playmaker when he has been upon the field. Could be the steal of the draft for Marvin

25 New York Giants – Bobby Carpenter OLB OSU – Missing out on Arrington and most of the big time linebackers. Big time linebacker for them to pick up.

26 Chicago Bears – Leonard Pope TE Georgia – Linebacker that fits them well with good solid hands and even more important a great blocker. He will make an impact for them easily.

27 Caronlina Panthers – Santonio Holmes WR OSU – Speed, speed and more speed. Him matched up across from Steve Smith will make it impossible to double team one of them. It will make them a very deadly team

28 Miami Dolphins (From Jacksonville Jaguars) – Ko Simpson S SC - They trade back and land a solid player which is a need. He has very little experience but he is big fast and tons of raw potential. A SEC player that Saban knows and will put to good use.

29 Denver Broncos – Mathias Kiwanuka DE BC – A raw talent for a pass rusher but he has the abilities to be something special. He dropped down but he was a top 10 pick before then.

30 Indianapolis Colts – Laurence Maroney RB Minn – Not as good as the other two Running backs taken earlier, but he is a solid running back with good potential. He could fill in the shoes of Edge for the future.

31 Seattle Seahawks – Max Jean-Giles OG Georgia – They lost their big time guard but they pick up another huge monster. He comes in and works to fill the shoes of Hutchinson

32 Pittsburgh Steelers – Donte Whitner S Texas – A great player that can come in and take over for Chris Hope whom just signed elsewhere. Fills a need for them so they can keep at their winning ways.

28 Miami Dolphins (From Jacksonville Jaguars) – Ko Simpson S SC - They trade back and land a solid player which is a need. He has very little experience but he is big fast and tons of raw potential. A SEC player that Saban knows and will put to good use.

Simpson only played two years, and 04 was the only year Saban would have seen Simpson, and LSU did not play SC in 04. So i do not think Familiarity plays a part in the decision. IMO only even 28 is a bit early for Simpson....MO only.....

my 2 cents said:

Simpson only played two years, and 04 was the only year Saban would have seen Simpson, and LSU did not play SC in 04. So i do not think Familiarity plays a part in the decision. IMO only even 28 is a bit early for Simpson....MO only.....

I have to totally disagree with you! Ko Simpson could be gone by the time it comes to pick right here. I have seen alot of Ko Simpson and I think he could be very special. He was the Heart of his defense and he made some game changing plays. I say plays cause he did so many different things not just one. He can tackle and he can go in coverage. he is a Ballhawk! I hope that this would happen and we could get him here after we trade down.

I like the Dolphins pick, but at the top of the draft, I don't see why Titans would have to trade up to get Leinart unless the Jets swapped their trade first. Tennessee is in perfect position to get him with Brees in NO and Carr getting a deal in Houston...I don't see Tennessee having to move up UNLESS Jets go after him first.

Skeet84 said:
I have to totally disagree with you! Ko Simpson could be gone by the time it comes to pick right here. I have seen alot of Ko Simpson and I think he could be very special. He was the Heart of his defense and he made some game changing plays. I say plays cause he did so many different things not just one. He can tackle and he can go in coverage. he is a Ballhawk! I hope that this would happen and we could get him here after we trade down.

Im with Skeet driving the Ko Simpson bandwagon. I love this pick and would go crazy if we did this. I mean look at the player we would get to beef up our secondary and the extra picks. I love it!!! Great mock

just a side note I caught :

26 Chicago Bears – Leonard Pope TE Georgia – Linebacker that fits them well with good solid hands and even more important a great blocker. He will make an impact for them easily.

just a type-o, but letting ya know bout it

Why would TN trade up for a player they're almost certain to be able to pick?

marino1348 said:
Why would TN trade up for a player they're almost certain to be able to pick?

because the jets are trying to trade up to the saints pick at #2 to draft matt. The only way to get matt over that is out trade them, or trade for the number 1 pick

Skeet84 said:

I do not think that Simpson is a poor choice...I actually like him...I just see him going around 40-50, I think the inexperience factor may play against him with all the "ready to play" corners available. This is a draft where the quality really is good between 25-60, and any number of players could go in that area. I wish we had 5 3rds and 5 4ths in this one...there are a LOT of real quality guys in that area. If you like Simpson than you have probably seen Joseph the corner from SC...he is a JC transfer and has only 1 year starting but has amazing speed, good tackler, and good ball skills also...he is another that could go in the 50-75 range (especially with the poor times of Zematis, Phillips and Minter at their Pro days) and be a STUD.

albyfinfan said:
my thought exactly IF manny lawson is there at 28 no way the phins pass on him

scott wright and a few others have lawson in the middle of 2nd. I kept trying to place him but couldnt find the right spot.

I believe miami will sign peterson or arrington so no need for lawson

the Dolphins need help in the secondary. I love Lawson, But I can really see this happening

my 2 cents said:
I do not think that Simpson is a poor choice...I actually like him...I just see him going around 40-50, I think the inexperience factor may play against him with all the "ready to play" corners available. This is a draft where the quality really is good between 25-60, and any number of players could go in that area. I wish we had 5 3rds and 5 4ths in this one...there are a LOT of real quality guys in that area. If you like Simpson than you have probably seen Joseph the corner from SC...he is a JC transfer and has only 1 year starting but has amazing speed, good tackler, and good ball skills also...he is another that could go in the 50-75 range (especially with the poor times of Zematis, Phillips and Minter at their Pro days) and be a STUD.

Simpson is a Safety.

SpeedRush99 said:
Simpson is a Safety.

Yeah you are right, I took a phone call in the middle of typing that and lost my train of thought. I was thinking that the corner and there are alot are going to cause some of the vets to slide back to safety. Safties are alot easier to find than corners...kind of like guards. The original point I made was not that I do not like Simpson, just that Saban has no familiarity with him. I live in the Carolinas and see SC a good bit, how do you feel about the corner Joseph? Personally I love the guy, good speed, likes contact and plays the ball well....just inexperienced which means less to a corner than a safety IMO (more play the man/zone than making calls, reading run, etc...). Lack of experience is good and bad, but for a corner I think it is less important, look how many small school corners make it big......your thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom