A different perspective on the RW INCIDENT | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A different perspective on the RW INCIDENT

Thanks. That puts things in a different light. Looks like the Herald left out a bunch of relevant details. Happens most of the time in the press anyway.

Okay, here's my final take on this thing after hearing two sides. Ricky's not being profiled. At least not now. He just needs to get his sh*t together.

I AGREE MUCK!

Originally posted by Muck
Thanks. That puts things in a different light. Looks like the Herald left out a bunch of relevant details. Happens most of the time in the press anyway.

Okay, here's my final take on this thing after hearing two sides. Ricky's not being profiled. At least not now. He just needs to get his sh*t together.

IF HE HAD HIS STUFF IN ORDER AND THEN WAS PULLED OVER, HE HAS AN ISSUE WITH THE POLICE,......BUT HIS STUFF WAS NOT IN ORDER. UNTIL HE STRAIGHTENS OUT HIS WALK AND MATURES ENOUGH TO LIVE WITHIN ALL THE RULES HE'LL FIND HIMSELF IN HARDSHIP.
WE ARE COUNTING ON HIM, AND HE NEEDS TO NOT ALLOW HIS IMMATURITY TO BECOME A DISTRACTION TO THIS TEAM. HE IS ON THE VERGE OF DOING JUST THAT.

Thanks for posting that article. It was very informative.

Do you know how many things?

Originally posted by Muck

... the Police could have done to Ricky if they wanted him in trouble?

Nah it was common sense from the beginning he wasn't being profiled, if he was he would be in JAIL and serious trouble.

Ricky has issues, and as far as I can see the Police have been very nice and patient with him. Far more than they have ever treated me. He should be very thankful he is one hell of a RICH pro football player.

Oliver...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never been pulled over for having a nice car and being black at the dsame time. It certainly happens, but it's hard for me to comment on RW's situation.

I love the part where the cops justify their actions by saying that he was acting "weird". Well grasshoppers, this excuse will allow them to stop and harrass anyone. All they have to say is that you're acting "weird". It's like an open invitation for them to stop anyone they wish. We can only hope that they use this power justly.

I'm a cop fan, but I cannot stand the "I'm better then you and I have the authority to prove it" attitude most of them have.

Hey Dr. Love. Good job in the wife department. She certainly knows how to dress. :)

They said he was driving 13 over.........I could have been stopped for that.

If what they said about his language, and attitude towards the cops is true, then he has no place to complain.

Originally posted by va dolfan

If what they said about his language, and attitude towards the cops is true, then he has no place to complain.

Agreed.... I think it's time for a sit down with him... there is time now before TC starts to get his affairs in order, if he needs advice or help, I'm sure the front office will provide it... but for Pete's Sake man... get it together before crunch time....:yell:

Originally posted by va dolfan

va, i think the 13 over was a different incident that this recent one.

Hyde justifies has position primarily from what is written in the police reports as if it is gospel. It is obvious that the police are biased and "covering their a**es when they put pen to paper. I'm sure RW didn't have a chance to edit and approve those reports. I take no side in this, but have learned over the years to take a hard look at what Hyde says in his articles, and this one seems to be particularly transparent as to the justification he makes for his premise.

Thanks Dirty.I must have misunderstood that part.

Hey Lloyd, would RW have been able to see that report?Would he have had to sign it somewhere or something like that?I have stayed out of trouble in my 30 years, so I am in the dark about that.(Not assuming that you would know or anything.LOL)

Originally posted by lloyd
I'm sure RW didn't have a chance to edit and approve those reports.

Who does get to "edit" a police report.... except the police?
Of course he didn't see it or review it or edit it... the police do not write a report about you, then have you proof read it. If you contest a charge in the report, you do it in court.
Police very frequently "slant" a report to their favor.... otherwise most cases wouldn't even make it to the prosecutors office.
Of course they make it sound as though RW is aggressive... it justifies actions they took... it probably could have been handled better by BOTH the police AND RW. However... I stand firm in saying that... IF RW had taken care of the MOST BASIC responsibility of car ownership ... like EVERYONE else in America is required to do... then this problem would not have been a problem at all...

Back
Top Bottom