A different thought on drafting a WR.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A different thought on drafting a WR....

WaxOn WaxOff

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
I believe we should wait until rd 3 and pick up Jacoby Ford WR Clemson. He is THE fastest player in college football. He will not shy from the middle like Ginn. He is Ginn without the fear factor and the sideline ducks. He is not the best overall WR in this class, but he can stretch the field and make our other WRs better. What's more he can actually catch the ball. That will free up rd 1 & 2 for other needs.

I believe we should wait until rd 3 and pick up Jacoby Ford WR Clemson. He is THE fastest player in college football. He will not shy from the middle like Ginn. He is Ginn without the fear factor and the sideline ducks. He is not the best overall WR in this class, but he can stretch the field and make our other WRs better. What's more he can actually catch the ball. That will free up rd 1 & 2 for other needs.

He's looked at as a 5-6th rounder right now, the combine will probably help alittle but I think the 3rd is quite high. Personally I like the idea of Taylor Price at 6'1 212 and runs a 4.38 in the late rounds, unless Oakland makes him a first rounder,lol!!!

I highly doubt we go wr early on anyways but a late round flyer might happen.

He's looked at as a 5-6th rounder right now, the combine will probably help alittle but I think the 3rd is quite high. Personally I like the idea of Taylor Price at 6'1 212 and runs a 4.38 in the late rounds, unless Oakland makes him a first rounder,lol!!!

I highly doubt we go wr early on anyways but a late round flyer might happen.

I'm OK with that too. I just know based on the history of the draft, speed is highly valued. A WR that can stretch the D is a valuable asset (provided he can CATCH). If we could get a sub 4.4 guy in the 5th or 6th, put me down for that. We need multiple LBs and a Safety most of all.

There is a reason why he is so low on draft boards if he goes to major school, has heart and speed, what is it?

Jacoby is smallish and that does not please me. (5-10, 185)

Steve Smith is 5-9, 185
Reggie Wayne 5-10, 198
Santonio Holmes is 5-11, 192
Wes Welker-5-9, 185
Steve Smith (NYG) 5-9, 190
Greg Jennings- 5-9, 197
Derik Mason 5-10, 192
Santana Moss 5-10, 197
These are just some of the receivers who seem to be ok at such a hight, weight. None of these guys run that fast FTR.

can u say Mark Duper?

Rather have Brandon Tate if talking size comparison but higher pick so pick your poison.

I think we end up with a WR in FA and then forget about WR until round 6---> Kelton Tindal-----from the powerhouse of Newberry!!!

There is a reason why he is so low on draft boards if he goes to major school, has heart and speed, what is it?

Receiving Statistics
NAME REC YDS YPR LONG TD
Jacoby Ford 56 779 13.9 77 (TD) 6

Well, he isn't big. He didn't dominate (hard too with CJ Spiller on the team and an OL that couldn't hold blocks long enough for the deep pass). I'm not saying he's the only option, just a possibility that I would be OK with. The NFL receiver he reminds me most of is Lee Evans. Only Ford is faster.

can u say Mark Duper?

Rather have Brandon Tate if talking size comparison but higher pick so pick your poison.

I think we end up with a WR in FA and then forget about WR until round 6---> Kelton Tindal-----from the powerhouse of Newberry!!!

He's interesting, and FAST! But Newberry isn't much more than a glorified High School. I know. I'm from the area, and i'd bet half the posters on here could have played ball at Newberry if they had wanted. That's quite a jump, and probably a large learning curve for that young man.

"WR 85 Kelton Tindal Newberry 4.22 According to multiple sources, Newberry College receiver Kelton Tindal thoroughly impressed NFL scouts by clocking as low as the 4.22-4.24 range in the 40-yard dash in what were cold and less than ideal conditions. Also according to reports, he clocked as low as 4.19 in the 40 in preparation for the junior pro day. If he gets in the combine he is expected to put on a show. The 6’2 1/8 189 receiver is a near legend.

WR Jacoby Ford Clemson 4.30 Jacoby Ford burned a 6.52-second 60-meter dash at the Virginia Tech Elite Meet on Feb. 6. In the wide world of track, that's just pretty good, although it was just one-hundredth of a second off an NCAA meet record and left more celebrated teammate C.J. Spiller in the dust. More importantly, it was twitch faster than Trindon Holliday's scorching 6.54 in the 60m at last March's NCAA Indoor Championships, and while a prepster Ford had the best 40-yard dash time at the Fork Union College Coaches Combine at 4.126 seconds, this was electronically timed, but on a fast rubberized surface, still many expect Ford to run in the low 4.2 range at the combine."

Source....http://www.faniq.com/article/Let-th...the-Fastest-Players-in-NCAA-Football--1940206

Mayock and Chavous both noted that he doesn't play as fast as he times. Chavous used the term that he doesn't carry his pads well. He'd be an absolute waste of a draft pick in the 3rd.

From New Era Scouting
http://www.newerascouting.com/01/2010-senior-bowl-day-three-north-report/
–Jacoby Ford put on a show today after a so-so first cou­ple of prac­tices. His speed is as good as adver­tised and he was explod­ing out of breaks bet­ter than any­one I’ve put the eye­ball on so far. He caught every­thing thrown his way and if that remains the case at the Com­bine and his pro day, Ford could slip in to the first round.
Wednesday Winners
Jacoby Ford – WR – Clemson

His speed was on an entirely dif­fer­ent level than any­one on the field today. He got the ball in space a few times and sim­ply made the defen­sive backs appear as if they were wear­ing bricks as shoes. He even beat Boise State cor­ner Kyle Wil­son on a deep route with plenty of sep­a­ra­tion for the QB to work with.

Back
Top Bottom