a different type of Manning thread | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a different type of Manning thread

mega-fin-love

Just trust me
Reaction score
I have been thinking a lot about our QB situation ( haven't we all ) the last few weeks and the last decade for that matter. Ever since Marino left I have always dreamed about drafting another QB and watching him grow to be a super star like we did with Marino. As much as I love the idea of winning a super bowl with Manning at the helm I can't help but feel a little sad about our QB not being our guy. I guess it's sort of like an under dog Rocky Balboa type of thing. I really want a QB that starts from scratch that we can watch evolve into the beast that we all hope he will become. Manning is a HOF QB, no doubt about it but it would not feel like he is our HOF QB to me. Even if we did win a super bowl with Manning wouldn't his jersey still be retired in Indy? Thinking about this is a little bit unsettling to me. It wouldn't be the same as a Marino, Taylor, or Thomas. Those guys were real Dolphins. Manning would just be temporary hype............Not trying to taint the mood of getting Manning I'm just saying that it would not be the ideal scenario that I have been waiting for since Marino left. Even Matt Moore feels a whole lot more like a real Dolphin because at least he wasn't a beast somewhere else first. If he became a beast he would become a beast with us and we would have watched him become that way. I just want to see someone prove all the doubters wrong and step up and take the reigns and say " I am the Dolphins quarterback and I love my team "...............I know if we get Manning I will end up loving him and I will clearly watch every game like I have since I was a kid. I would certainly take that over the crap that we have been putting up with for so long.....but, I would really rather have the Dolphin great that proved everyone wrong that will go down in Dolphin history.......not Indy history.............maybe I'm just old school or overly sentimental. Bash away if you feel the need. I figure most will not agree with this or understand my thinking.........

I think most of us would love to draft a stud qb unfortunately Ireland so far has not shown a clue about drafting the right qb. Two draft picks two misses one quite huge.
As good as Jake Long is or has been we should have drafted Matt Ryan but we can also say we should have drafted Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown. Hell even though I would never want us to lose games in reality the best thing that could have happened this year was ending up with worst record.

I think most of us would love to draft a stud qb unfortunately Ireland so far has not shown a clue about drafting the right qb. Two draft picks two misses one quite huge.
As good as Jake Long is or has been we should have drafted Matt Ryan but we can also say we should have drafted Aaron Rodgers over Ronnie Brown. Hell even though I would never want us to lose games in reality the best thing that could have happened this year was ending up with worst record.

yeah unfortunately you're right......I wan't a Doug Flutie type of guy but better...haha.....for the same reason that Zack Thomas is my favorite dolphin of all time ( yes even more than Marino ) haha....He was the little engine that could. All Dolphin. All Heart

yeah unfortunately you're right......I wan't a Doug Flutie type of guy but better...haha.....for the same reason that Zack Thomas is my favorite dolphin of all time ( yes even more than Marino ) haha....He was the little engine that could. All Dolphin. All Heart

Too bad Parcells and Irleand tossed Thomas out like he was nothing as soon as they came here but of course they needed that money to sign Reggie friggin Torbor

I would've been quite happy this past season had we gone 1-15, that would've meant us drafting Andrew Luck, and even Ireland couldn't have screwed that one up.

I understand exactly how you feel OP. I have thought about this myself. After thinking about it I decided...... **** it I just want to have a chance to win a Super Bowl at some point in my life. Just do it already.

But, youre right. And the best thing wouldve been going 1-15 this year and getting Luck.

And your whole point underlines what a huge blunder it was not drafting Matt Ryan when we had the chance.

Back
Top Bottom