A Dolphin's draft synopsis | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Dolphin's draft synopsis

I think Ginn also fits into a BPA type pick. There's no doubt the guy is electric - and that's one thing that has been missing on the offensive side of the ball since Ricky abandoned us. He actually is the type of true speedster that would fit well in our offense paired with CC. However, my one concern is simply that he is a receiver. Receivers, however amazing they look on paper, tend to have a high "bust" rate in the NFL. I think it's very important that we have a fruitful draft in terms of selecting guys that will be contributors for us over the long haul.

That said, you're never going to pick great players if your strategy involves always taking the safe pick. Ginn is as talented as any player we could take with our first pick, and for that reason I would support picking him at this point.

I think the BPA mentality really comes into play after the first round. Everything is so over-analyzed in the first round that you can validate taking any player that reasonably fits into your draft slot. If I hear Ginn or Leon Hall or Laron Landry's name called on draft day I won't be upset at all. All of those guys seem to be "worth" a top draft pick and I defer to the guys that make the key decisions for a pick that may simply be a difference of opinion. In the later rounds there is a tendency to shy away from a quality player that may play the same position an earlier pick plays; or maybe you start to feel the pressure to fill a couple of holes on the roster. That is the main thing we need to avoid. We have to stockpile high-end talent no matter the position.

I agree completely...this is the more sound approach:cooldude:

there was a rumor on here the other day about getting deilman from san diego if cam was hired, if we pick up him do we still go for davis or steinbach how much help does the OL need, id like going into the draft and not have to worry if we can get OL in the draft

Dielman is a very good LG. He'd come for a little over Jeno's salary but not all that much more. I'd say you stick with what you have unless it's a project later on or say a Levi Brown slips to the 2nd round or a Justin Blalock.

LT- Alabi, McIntosh
LG- Dielman, Fonoti
C- Hadnot, Smith
RG- Shelton, Toledo
RT- Carey

That's a pretty good offensive line throughout.

Anybody seen,

Kyle Young, Center, Fresno State

6'5", 330

Intriging, supposedly was suspended for the last six games in 06, due to academic reasons.
Possibly mid rdr ?

Anybody seen,

Kyle Young, Center, Fresno State

6'5", 330

Intriging, supposedly was suspended for the last six games in 06, due to academic reasons.
Possibly mid rdr ?
Possibly a late rounder or UDFA. Not very mobile and would probably move to OG.
From my understanding he had a good week of practice at the East-West Shrine game.

Back
Top Bottom