1. Hakeem Nicks WR UNC
2a. Clint Sintim OLB UVA
2b. Duke Robinson OT Oklahoma
3. Antoinne Caldwell C Alabama
4. Kevin Barnes CB Maryland
5. Gerald Cadogan OT Penn State
6. Dudley Guice WR NW Louisiana
7a. Bradley Fletcher CB Iowa
7b. Vaughn Martin DT Western Mustangs (Canada)

Changes so far:

7a. Fletcher in, Wiley out
2b. Moore in, Franceis out
2b. D Robinson in, DJ More out

Nice job....you got all the bases covered. I was reading an article about Coye Francies (by the way he is from San Jose State, not nearby Fresno State)....he doesn't have blazing speed but he is tall....just needs to bulk up a little .

Not a bad draft at all. You could probably switch someone like Fletcher for Adam Leonard from Hawaii (ILB)..but nice work on it, I like it.

Not a bad draft at all. You could probably switch someone like Fletcher for Adam Leonard from Hawaii (ILB)..but nice work on it, I like it.

Personally I wouldn't make ILB a draft priority, maybe Appleby from UVA or the guy from BC in the later rounds. Fletcher looks good to me, but just a guess. Caldwell is just too good to pass up imo, I find him to be underrated. Still like Harvin, but the attitude, pot rumors and hangers on are certainly not helping. So many holes on this team, I just want to see them get the BPA's at need positions especially. 3 corners is a lot, but lack of talent, pending free agency, etc., I'd rather not have them force a high pick at that position, though. Sintim would be a solid pick, but if Unger fell to #44 I'd sure have to think about it. Thank God we drafted Jake Long last year, we'll probably be saying the same thing about Henne in due course. If by chance Jarron Gilbert fell to #44 that would be interesting, him or Sintim. Who knows.

Nice job....you got all the bases covered. I was reading an article about Coye Francies (by the way he is from San Jose State, not nearby Fresno State)....he doesn't have blazing speed but he is tall....just needs to bulk up a little .

He ran a crappy 4.63 at his pro day. I was also unaware of weapons charges and getting booted off of the OSU team. I'll probably edit my mock shortly and swap him out for someone else. Even if we don't draft a CB early this year, we do have next year's draft and FA to fill the possible talent/FA void. We can go with W Allen, J Allen, Green and N JOnes this year imo. I'm not sure that available value will be there at #56, and #44 might be a reach. I'd rather have Fletcher and Barnes- Barnes with the buumped up Raiders 4th might be the key. Yeah, I think that Franceis has to go in the mock. Work in progress this mock will be. Sounds like Yoda.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=73613&draftyear=2009&genpos=CB

i have doubts Moore will drop.

You're probably right. Part of me would like to go for a different posiition with that pick, maybe a Duke Robinson. I know that I already have Caldwell, and we already have Grove at C. Caldwell is just too good to pass up imo. I'm stuill curious about Herman Johnson, too. I'd rather go with Barnes and Fletcher at CB, do more of a BPA thing with 2b. Scott Wright of NFLDC has Jarron Gilbert going #59, seems too low. But if he were there that would probably be the pick. I'm curious as to wht Antoinne Caldwell wouldn't go in the 1st 3 rounds. Wright has us taking TJ Lang in the 3rd- I have to say that this guy looks pretty good. Video at bottom of link page:

http://www.draftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/TJ-Lang.php

Back
Top Bottom