A. Edwards Officially Signed Today! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A. Edwards Officially Signed Today!

Disnardo

Premium Member
Reaction score
It's official, finally, another good signing...

"April 12, 2004
The Miami Dolphins today signed safety Antuan Edwards to a one-year contract as an unrestricted free agent from the Green Bay Packers."

Miami Dolphins

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent move. You guys are following a formula similar to the Patriots and are targeting cheap, affoardable players with some upside. This also gives you more options during the draft.

One of my best friends is a Packers fan, and I was talking to him about Edwards yesterday. Seems like a good, pretty risk-free signing.

Miami doesn't have to work out a deal with OGUN till well after the draft

I am pretty phsyched about this move. I was trying to have faith that Freeman was going to be a good replacement, but this makes me feel much better. May the best man win.

Well on our way to the draft in two weeks:
Priorities:
1. Sign Randall cheap (one similar to St Clare's) for at least 2-3 yrs.
2. Extend Surtain and Knight's contract
3. Sort out our Restricted Free Agents
4. Have OL, LB, DT, WR, SS/CB, as top priorities in the draft and find value
5. Work out deals with Ogun and Chambers! And some how McMichael too.

I think Edwards will push Freeman for the starting job. I feel better about Edwards chances back there than Freeman. At least it gives us three starting calibur DB's in the backfield with Edwards or Freeman backing up both of the positions.

Edwards could be a good signing, if he can stay healthy, but we do have Freeman if he cannot....but please, lets not extend Knights contract yet....My fear is that if we sign him long term, we might be in a position that we can't cut (salary cap reasons) him in a year or two. He is a good safety, but his lack of speed, which we knew about when he came, can be an issue with this defense as shown last year with the pair of safeties we had. I rather see us hold off a year and see how Edwards and Freeman develop, see what can be drafted, etc rather than tie up money on a guy we may try to replace in a year or two.

Back
Top Bottom