A Feeley related question. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Feeley related question.

phinfan2003

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
There are very few names presently associated with the dolphins that would draw more hateful comments and opinions than AJ Feeley. It's safe to say that he is the most hated Dolphin currently on the roster.

The reasons for this hate are numerous and have been well documented so I'll spare you. I have a question for all Dolfans.

Let's suppose for a moment that Feeley's shortcomings and mishaps were mostly due to bad coaching, a bad system, bad OL play, lack of a running game, and his lack of experience as a starter and not because he doesn't have the ability to be a good starter. Let's suppose that with a year under his belt as the starer, Linehan and his wide open offense, Houck improving the OL, and an established running game don't you think we could see a QB that could be on the brink of a really good season? And if he does have a Drew Brees type renaissance, how many of you that are Feeley haters going to love him and sing his praises?

For the record, I am a Feeley supporter but I can understand your feelings. I optimistically believe that Feeley will be the starter and will be successful this season. Let me know what you think.

I think the term Feeley-hater/lover are garbage terms. Most people on this site are Dolfans and would like to see the team do well and the players succeed. Now alot of people disagree whether a player will be good or not, but would probably rather have a player on the Phins become a great player, it's just that some like me don't believe Feeley is that good of player, just like some other people are skeptical about other players.

stop it.......I'm so sick and tired of Feeley supporters calling everybody skeptical of him "haters". I do not "hate" him. I dont think anybody here hates him, even if thats the way you label us.

I'm for the best QB to start, regardless of who that is. If its Gus, Sage, Aj, or Brock. I don't give a f**k. I just dont agree with the people that say that AJ should start just because he's younger, or he has more "untapped" potential than Gus, or that he cost us a second rounder. If he's not the best QB at the end of the preseason, I dont want him to start. ditto for Gus. If Sage for example played lights out in camp and preseason, I would want him to start.

now, right back at you......wouldn't you agree? and that goes for all Feeley supporters...don't you guys want the best QB to start, and if it is Gus, would you support him?

djfresh47 said:
I think the term Feeley-hater/lover are garbage terms. Most people on this site are Dolfans and would like to see the team do well and the players succeed. Now alot of people disagree whether a player will be good or not, but would probably rather have a player on the Phins become a great player, it's just that some like me don't believe Feeley is that good of player, just like some other people are skeptical about other players.

Good way of looking at it. Although it would have been great to see what everyone was saying about Brees in SD and on Charger boards before last season. The fact that they went out and drafted Rivers shows you what they thought of him and how much confidence they had in him

All of the players and coaches that I disliked on the team are no longer here.I feel very optimistic about the direction we are going and I have high hopes for AJ as well.

I have my doubts about certain players such as Moore,Boston,Gordon because I suspect they may be injury prone and Ricky but I am hoping that I am wrong about them.

Dudeman said:
stop it.......I'm so sick and tired of Feeley supporters calling everybody skeptical of him "haters". I do not "hate" him. I dont think anybody here hates him, even if thats the way you label us.

I'm for the best QB to start, regardless of who that is. If its Gus, Sage, Aj, or Brock. I don't give a f**k. I just dont agree with the people that say that AJ should start just because he's younger, or he has more "untapped" potential than Gus, or that he cost us a second rounder. If he's not the best QB at the end of the preseason, I dont want him to start. ditto for Gus. If Sage for example played lights out in camp and preseason, I would want him to start.

now, right back at you......wouldn't you agree? and that goes for all Feeley supporters...don't you guys want the best QB to start, and if it is Gus, would you support him?

Dude, calm down. If I'm not talking about you, then let it go. There are people on this site that have called themselves "Feeley haters". If you're not one of them, I'm not talking about you.

But people who don't see Feeley as a good player are working on a pretty thin argument IMO, we saw him for 8 games last season, with bad coaching, a horrible OL, and no running threat, and I don't care about what he did in college or in Philly, he's in the NFL for a reason, and he has not been giving a fair chance yet in Miami. Feeley has the talent, he does have a lot to learn, but he has the talent to be a very good NFL QB.

phinfan2003 said:
Dude, calm down. If I'm not talking about you, then let it go. There are people on this site that have called themselves "Feeley haters". If you're not one of them, I'm not talking about you.

I'm very calm, I have never heard anybody call themself a Feeley hater though

ScrepsMJ said:
But people who don't see Feeley as a good player are working on a pretty thin argument IMO, we saw him for 8 games last season, with bad coaching, a horrible OL, and no running threat, and I don't care about what he did in college or in Philly, he's in the NFL for a reason, and he has not been giving a fair chance yet in Miami. Feeley has the talent, he does have a lot to learn, but he has the talent to be a very good NFL QB.

but you look at it your way, Feeley has not shown enough to warrant being called a very good player either. we dont know where he is right now. we will at the end of training camp though, and he if the best then he'll be starting, if not, Gus will be there.

just remember about all the QBs that had the talent, but fizzled out.

The thing I don't get about A.J. is that he hasn't REALLY done anything, ever - yet he garners more praise and recognition than a wardrobe malfunction in a Church choir.

We paid a higher pick than that of what we got for Pat Surtain for a QB who had started a few games against horrible teams with a spectacular supporting cast -- yet he threw average balls, got good help from his worker monkeys and gets to wear Gods shoes thanks to Rick Spielman.

Last season, he threw so many damn INT's for TDs, we seemed like the god damn Ball Machine at a defensive coverage drill. Yet he throws 3 or 4 nice balls and is "showing potential". A lot of people see this guy as a development player -- but what is he? 27, 28, 29? Do we want a guy "coming into his own" at age fourty-five?, C'mon. He should've gone to NFL Europe like the rest of 'um and came back a newfound man. But nooooooo-oooo---oooOOOooOoOoo---ooooo--oooo, A.J. (A.utomatic J.esus) Feeley gets to stay home and tighten his butt-cheeks. He'll be thanking God that TimBo retired because it would be a loooong season otherwise.

If he does good, he does good. Good for him. I'm a supporter of this team and I want what's best but really, we could've run every damn play last season and have been better off (and yes, I did see our running game last season).

A.J., good luck, go prove yourself and your ridiculously omega unproven paycheck. Hopefully you don't screw him, but remember -- this year you don't have Dave "Everything is going to be alright from this standpoint" Wannstedt as your trampoline recliner. Fall back and you'll land on a bed of nails, boy.

HysterikiLL said:
The thing I don't get about A.J. is that he hasn't REALLY done anything, ever - yet he garners more praise and recognition than a wardrobe malfunction in a Church choir.

We paid a higher pick than that of what we got for Pat Surtain for a QB who had started a few games against horrible teams with a spectacular supporting cast -- yet he threw average balls, got good help from his worker monkeys and gets to wear Gods shoes thanks to Rick Spielman.

Last season, he threw so many damn INT's for TDs, we seemed like the god damn Ball Machine at a defensive coverage drill. Yet he throws 3 or 4 nice balls and is "showing potential". A lot of people see this guy as a development player -- but what is he? 27, 28, 29? Do we want a guy "coming into his own" at age fourty-five?, C'mon. He should've gone to NFL Europe like the rest of 'um and came back a newfound man. But nooooooo-oooo---oooOOOooOoOoo---ooooo--oooo, A.J. (A.utomatic J.esus) Feeley gets to stay home and tighten his butt-cheeks. He'll be thanking God that TimBo retired because it would be a loooong season otherwise.

If he does good, he does good. Good for him. I'm a supporter of this team and I want what's best but really, we could've run every damn play last season and have been better off (and yes, I did see our running game last season).

A.J., good luck, go prove yourself and your ridiculously omega unproven paycheck. Hopefully you don't screw him, but remember -- this year you don't have Dave "Everything is going to be alright from this standpoint" Wannstedt as your trampoline recliner. Fall back and you'll land on a bed of nails, boy.

:lol:

he's 28, but man, I love that nick you came up with....A.utomatic J.esus...thats hilarious :lol:

I'm not saying Feeley will be a superstar, I think he very well could be, but I'm sick of some people who talk about Feeley like he's had chance after chance, he hasn't. Like I said, I like Feeley, but I'm not trying to make excuses for him. But as far as I'm conerned, he came to Miami as a rookie, with no real chance in Philly behind McNabb, and he played like a rookie in his first couple games in Miami, but by the end of the season he showed big improvement, but with a lot to learn yet. And for the people who aren't sure, Feeley just turned 28 a few weeks ago, he's still pretty young. We all know Feeley has to prove himself, and so does Feeley, and his confidence is rising day after day.

Back
Top Bottom