A Few Arguments for Drafting Jake Long | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Few Arguments for Drafting Jake Long

I'm not understanding people who say LT is our biggest need? So you're saying Vernon Carey is a worse LT than Beck is QB??

Nice try.

I'm not understanding people who say LT is our biggest need? So you're saying Vernon Carey is a worse LT than Beck is QB??

Nice try.

Nice Try . . . are you saying Matt Ryan is this superior elite prospect over Beck? That is the issue, obviously if we didn't have Beck in the second round JUST last year we would take a QB, but the verdict is not out on him yet and skills wise, him and Matt Ryan are similar . . . I still think Beck has a more accurate arm and IMO its looks like its a bit stronger . . . but he is older and a bit shorter than Ryan . . . . but nothing that makes me think he will be this superior prospect who can succeed over Beck. This team was 1-15 last year, what good does throwing another inexperienced QB in the fire behind a shredded OLine? Do I think Ryan is the better prospect . . . yep, but just by a small margin . . . and prospect doesn't mean he wont be AS successful as Beck in the pros.

Your argument with Vernon Carey is pretty dumb IMO, yes Carey can play LT, nobody is disputing that, but do u even know who our RT is right now . . . Julius Wilson? C'mon, Carey was almost dominating on the right side in 2006 . . . and really I would love to keep him over there and allow Jake Long to step in at LT and throw down.

Draft Jake Long, then grab the BPA 2 times in the second round . . . IMO if I'm Parcells, I build this team in the trenches . . . it has been proven that u can win a Super Bowl with a less than average QB, strong defense, strong OLine and power running game (adding Jake Long gives us the strong OLine and the power running game . . . if we can get players similar in my mock in the second round, the defense is rounding into form). . . that is Parcells football . . . and I just can't imagine he would gamble on Matt Ryan when he has a hard working, unproven John Beck on the team already, and a fairly solid young backup in Josh Mccown.

Trust me, this year we will find out if Beck is the deal or not . . . we don't need to pull the trigger on a first round QB just yet.

I have personally attended 5 of his games and saw him shut down Tamba Hali. I am pretty sure I listed the fact he rarely commits a penalty. Do you understand the definition of an elite pass protector? Jake Long is a great pass protector, not an elite one. If he were so obviously an elite one it would be unanimous that he could handle the left tackle position in the NFL.

Your posts are excellent, very solid points and very well written. And I agree with you as well- for all of his oustanding strengths and even with some of the imperfections, I'm for taking Jake Long all the way. A great pass protector and an elite run blocker who is smart, disciplined, and rarely makes mistakes? Sign me up- if any team in the NFL needs an Offensive Tackle who fits that description, it's the Dolphins. Jake Long may be not as good as Joe Thomas, he may be better, but you roll with what you've got, when you can get it.

Back
Top Bottom