A few questions about Belichick... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A few questions about Belichick...

claytonduper

Starter
Reaction score
and the Patriots. Is there any truth to the proposed investigation regarding the superbowl between the Patriots and Rams? If so, what are some of the potential ramifications towards the Patriots organization?

Now that the Patriots had a major disappointment in the Superbowl, do you expect the team to come back stronger next year (not necessarily more wins, but desire to win the mighty Bowl) or will they have a poor season (.500 or less)?

My guess and hope is that the team will have run out of luck. This team really didn't have too many injuries nor bad breaks during the regular season. And despite how good the team is, luck does play a role in the ultimate success (weather, injuries, external factors...)

* In week 2 matt walsh name came up and they were hola for 2 weeks but nothing really came out.until mr senator who happens to have comcast and the legal firm that represent comcast and other cable TV`s againt NFL over the NFL network issue picked up the story.So the question what this dude can say in 4months later.The story which boston hearld release calls it a rumour but other media are pointing them as source but no one has actually confirmed this as when the reference boston hearld they leave out the rumour part of the statement. One way or other this needs to end .It might be a way to force NFL to back off its nfl network .

*Next no idea but consider this
Moss and brady are- 30 .OL avg age -28,DL avg age - 26 ,CB/S avg age -25 ,LB avg age 31,WR Avg age - 27.Except for the LB the team is very young most of the players are in their rookie contract still so with a strong draft in defence and tackle the team would improve.

* In week 2 matt walsh name came up and they were hola for 2 weeks but nothing really came out.until mr senator who happens to have comcast and the legal firm that represent comcast and other cable TV`s againt NFL over the NFL network issue picked up the story.So the question what this dude can say in 4months later.The story which boston hearld release calls it a rumour but other media are pointing them as source but no one has actually confirmed this as when the reference boston hearld they leave out the rumour part of the statement. One way or other this needs to end .It might be a way to force NFL to back off its nfl network .

*Next no idea but consider this
Moss and brady are- 30 .OL avg age -28,DL avg age - 26 ,CB/S avg age -25 ,LB avg age 31,WR Avg age - 27.Except for the LB the team is very young most of the players are in their rookie contract still so with a strong draft in defence and tackle the team would improve.

My own opinion is that you're wearing rose colored glasses.
First of all, don't forget that Harrison is also 35. His back up just got busted with....??? what was it a half lb? In any event I read that he's being charged with intent to distribute!!! That is one huge step up from possession. Don't count on him being available.
The Pats have quite a few UFAs this year. Samuel, Gay, and Wilson are all significant contributors. Not to mention your guy Hochstein was your major O-line back up (for center and both guard spots).
For that matter, there's no guarantee that your HC is going to be back. Aside from the possiblilty that the NFL may find more dirt on his coaching practices, you may want to consider this: Bob Kraft is a person who is extremely image conscious. The whole spygate thing has most certainly been a huge embarrassment to him; so do not be surprised if BB retires this year.

First of all, don't forget that Harrison is also 35. His back up just got busted with....??? what was it a half lb? In any event I read that he's being charged with intent to distribute!!! That is one huge step up from possession. Don't count on him being available

Willie andrew has never ever stepped in defence ,He is spl teamer only who has never started. James sanders is the Safety who will replace harrison.remember the last time harriosn was out for 15 games sanders stepped in and stil is the starter and plays every down with harrison. Merriweather the 1st rd draft pick from 07 who started in playoff and SB is the FS of the future .Shocker sanders is 24 and merriweather 22

The Pats have quite a few UFAs this year. Samuel, Gay, and Wilson are all significant contributors. Not to mention your guy Hochstein was your major O-line back up (for center and both guard spots).

Samuel is gone for sure , Wilson was the 7th guy on the depth chart and did not suit up for 12 games this year.Gay for all the greatness has been out for 2 yrs and played nickel back in rotation with 2 other guys,.1 top CB is a must and 2 CB backup.[2nd and 3rd rounders].Hochestein already signed this year for an extension.Do not forget ryan challahan the rookie who started tackle in a few games this year now moving into his second year .First pick on a LB .

For that matter, there's no guarantee that your HC is going to be back. Aside from the possiblilty that the NFL may find more dirt on his coaching practices, you may want to consider this: Bob Kraft is a person who is extremely image conscious. The whole spygate thing has most certainly been a huge embarrassment to him; so do not be surprised if BB retires this year

After coming out after week 2 spygate thing kraft sayed he supports BB and his contracts run till 2012.Unless you think kraft lied i will be shocked.
I am sure this matt walsh thing which was already went over is going to turn any thing more. boston hearld RUMOUR is carrying more weight now.If boston hearld said it has proof i will accept i cannot change my stand on a RUMOUR.

But if the Walsh rumor does turn out to be true and Belichick would then have to serve a one year suspension (as reported), then I think you'll see him retire. Alot of "if's", but not out of the realm of possiblity.

But if the Walsh rumor does turn out to be true and Belichick would then have to serve a one year suspension (as reported), then I think you'll see him retire. Alot of "if's", but not out of the realm of possiblity.
I am not contending this fact.
All i am saying is this matt walsh guy came up in septemeber and nothing came out of it. All the stuff used by other media and quoted is coming from a boston hearld article claiming to be a rumour. If lets say another media says it INDEPENDENTLY can confirm this i think their is a chance but
when repeatly boston hearld`s rumour is referenced it makes me wonder.

You are telling me all the media heads could not find anyting other than to reference that boston hearld reports a rumour!.

1 Rumoured Source in 1 article - picked and used by every other media makes me suspicious.

I am not contending this fact.
All i am saying is this matt walsh guy came up in septemeber and nothing came out of it. All the stuff used and quoted is coming from a boston hearld article claiming to be a rumour. If say another media says he INDEPENDENTLY can confirm this i think their is a chance but
when repeatly boston hearld`s rumour is reference it makes me wonder.

You telling me all the media heads could not find anyting other than reference that boston hearld reports of a rumour ....
It depends on who Walsh has spoken to. Remember, until the day prior to its release, noone had a clue that Roger Clemens was using steroids. Sure there were whispers, but nobody knew what was in that report even though trainers, players, teammates and politicians all were involved. If Walsh has spoken to the NFL or Spector, maybe it won't come out until later. We'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of it.

Usually where there is smoke, there is fire, and the fact that Walsh is a former Pats employee gives some added credibility to his story. We'll see how it all turns out.

We'll see how it all turns out.

I may not like BB`s media personality but he is one of a heck of a coach and would like for him to stay,.The media which gives him so much crap for the 1 sec closes its eyes and does not acknowledge that no lossing coach has gone to the other side and had a handshake .Even lovie smith and tony dungy did not do this.its a custom for loosing coach to leave with his players immediately after a SB .No handshakes till BB did it this year.yet come on how they acknowledge he went did that and broke tradition.

I may not like BB`s media personality but he is one of a heck of a coach and would like for him to stay,.The media which gives him so much crap for the 1 sec closes its eyes and does not acknowledge that no lossing coach has gone to the other side and had a handshake .Even lovie smith and tony dungy did not do this.its a custom for loosing coach to leave with his players immediately after a SB .No handshakes till BB did it this year.yet come on how they acknowledge he went did that and broke tradition.
That's not entirely true, coaches always meet at midfield to shake hands, it's a part of the game. There may be a few exceptions, but it's good sportsmanship to give the other team a congrats.

BB has a very grating, ****y and bully-ish personality and his antics like pushing a cameraman, ignoring Mangini, etc are all his own doing. Personally I can't stand the guy, but I do have to admit that he is a great coach.

That's not entirely true, coaches always meet at midfield to shake hands, it's a part of the game. There may be a few exceptions, but it's good sportsmanship to give the other team a congrats.

Not in a superbowl check this out for a fact you will be suprised i did not realize this untill another coach actually mentioned it on a radio show.As soon as the game finished NFL security carts the loosing team off the field no exceptions. a few media heads were suprised that brushi and few players were on the field congraluting the gaints.

Not in a superbowl check this out for a fact you will be suprised i did not realize this untill another coach actually mentioned it on a radio show.As soon as the game finished NFL security carts the loosing team off the field no exceptions. a few media heads were suprised that brushi and few players were on the field congraluting the gaints.
Well, if that's the case then he has an excuse, but even some of his players made the attempt to go out there and shake hands with the Giants, so BB could have done the same.

And here's my arguement. While NE was running the score up on other teams all season long. Billicheat sat and soaked it up. As soon as he finds he isnt going to win, he makes a bee-line for the nearest exit. The man is going to answer to Congress and then the media. I think Billicheats record and antics are going to be the scandal that rocks the NFL, and I wouldnt be surprised if Kraft's good friend Roger Goodell goes right along with him...but only time will tell

I absolutely call the BS flag on this one. Every superbowl I have ever watched (Dates back to a perfect season) has shown players from BOTH teams (And yes coaches too) go and congratulate and lament over what they (Both teams) have left on the field. This is completely false!!!!

Is he?....Y'see, that's exactly why people want a full disclosure of the whole spying issue. Up until the latest news I was inclined to think it was much ado over nothing. However, there seems to be a lot more than just that one incident at the Jets' game. Right, right, I know I don't have proof; but as was already stated, where there's smoke there's fire.
I can understand how you would be in denial. It's kind of similar to the Saban to Alabama rumor. It kept coming up. Most of us wanted to believe Saban was being forthcoming with us and that the media was just pushing their own agenda. Look how that turned out.
So point being, if BB has been winning because of cheating then how good of a coach is he really? Seriously. It bears questioning. In Cleveland he was a horrible coach. Now some people want to think of him as "the best coach ever". Brady is another question mark in the equation. On draft day no one saw ANYTHING that said Brady had what it took to be a starting QB. Now some people want to call him "the greatest QB ever". Now maybe it's all coincidence. We'll find out, though.

Back
Top Bottom