A Few Rivers Clips from Today | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Few Rivers Clips from Today

finsnchips said:
Rivers is a quality kid. I aint too sure he's gonna be around at #20. I'm more worried about San Diego and Arizona trading down rather than Pittsburgh or Buffalo taking him at 11 or 13.

You must have been reading your fish n chips right.Good prediction mate :D .

To people who claim that he doesn't have the arm strength to be in a Linehan system... That bomb was 50+ yards in the air...

I hope those clips, especially the last one, puts to bed the absurd rumor that Rivers doesn't have an NFL strength arm.

Celtkin said:
I hope those clips, especially the last one, puts to bed the absurd rumor that Rivers doesn't have an NFL strength arm.

Absurd rumor? If you can't tell that pass was a shot-put type throw than I don't what you were watching. Even jay was good for 1 maybe 2 long balls, punt-passes a game. His accuracy was just non existent.

Look, Rivers will prove next year that he doesn't have a consistent NFL arm for out & fly patterns, and if your qb can't make those throws all game then it would be a waste of time.

I'm sold anyone wanna ready to ship the 1st round pick to the Chargers for him? I think from those clips he'd definately be our best choice if Cutler and Leinert go ahead of us.

Also how did it look like that was all of his arm strength. It looked effortless the way he threw that ball. Despite that it was a perfect throw.

Itsdahumidity said:
Absurd rumor? If you can't tell that pass was a shot-put type throw than I don't what you were watching. Even jay was good for 1 maybe 2 long balls, punt-passes a game. His accuracy was just non existent.

Look, Rivers will prove next year that he doesn't have a consistent NFL arm for out & fly patterns, and if your qb can't make those throws all game then it would be a waste of time.

Yes indeed. It is absurd.

There's a difference between saying Rivers doesn't have an "NFL arm" and simply acknowledging the truth, that he does not have a top half arm for NFL starters. In fact, among NFL starters I would say his arm ranks in the bottom tier...with guys like Brad Johnson, Brian Griese, Chad Pennington, Charlie Frye, Rex Grossman, and Marc Bulger. Drew Brees, Trent Green, Alex Smith, and MAYBE Tom Brady could be placed in another group just above those guys...although I personally set Rivers' arm strength below that of Brees, Green, Smith, and Brady.

I mean, that is seriously just being realistic. Those that disagree with me REALLY need to look at the NFL team-by-team and realize that the guys with the best arms tend to shake out as the starters. Not in my wildest dreams would I dare to say Rivers has a better arm than Frerotte, Losman (or Holcomb), Palmer, Roethlisberger, Boller, Dilfer, Peyton Manning, Leftwich, McNair, Carr, Plummer, Collins, Eli Manning, Mark Brunell, Drew Bledsoe, Donovan McNabb, Joey Harrington, Brett Favre, Jake Delhomme, Chris Simms, Mike Vick, Aaron Brooks, Matt Hasselbeck, Daunte Culpepper, or Kurt Warner.

So, when we say bottom-tier...keep in mind that of the 36 guys that I named, 26 of them belong in a group of guys who have top quality arm strength. Within that group of 26, I'd say there are probably about 10 guys whose armstrength distinguishes them from the group and they would therefore have "top 10" arms (Culpepper, Palmer, Leftwich, Boller, Collins, Bledsoe, Favre, Vick, Brooks, and Delhomme). Of that group of 10 guys I would isolate the top 5 as being Palmer, Leftwich, Culpepper, Bledsoe, and probably Brooks (truth be told). Favre would have been on that short list were he younger than he is.

So yeah, you can keep tiering it up if you want. But the point still stands. Rivers has bottom-third armstrength among NFL starters. When I argue that his armstrength isn't up to snuff for this offense, it is merely an acknowledgement that Scott Linehan would very rarely consent to a starting quarterback that did not belong in that group of 26 guys.

You put Grossman in the bottom tier? LMAO.......your tiers are all f'd up, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom