A forum lesson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A forum lesson

PhinsTD

Phins fanatic
Reaction score
Will someone teach the quote challenged me how to make quotes of people?

I realize to click the quote button, but how do you put it where you want and do you copy and paste it after you click the quote box?

Thanks in advance

Click the quote button and then you will have it on a reply page and then you just type.

Originally posted by Phinstd

I realize to click the quote button, but how do you put it where you want and do you copy and paste it after you click the quote box?

Thanks in advance

There are a few ways to accomplish this. One, and the easiest way, is to click on the "Quote" button on the top right of the message.

Originally posted by Phinstd

Thanks in advance

I hit the "Quote" button at the top of your post, and the board software opened a reply window with the "secret code" for all the special formatting shown above.

Personally, I don't like to use quotes that way, because it's too easy to leave a bunch of unneeded text in there, repeating it needleesly for all our scrolling hell.

Once the Reply window is open, however, there is another "Quote" button available. This button opens a text input box, then appends the quote to the end of your reply.

So, by scrolling down on the Reply window, I can see the last 15 posts in the thread. I scan that area for the specific quotes I'm interested in commenting on, copy the text, click Quote, paste the text, click OK, and:
how do you put it where you want
it gets stuck at the end, and you can proceed to applaud or ridicule the quote, as appropriate.

If you want to move a quote that's already in the post, just make sure you select the entire quote and the code (you'll see it in the reply window, trust me: it starts with the word quote in square brackets, and ends with the word /quote in square brackets. You have to get all the brackets, or else things get confused), then cut/copy/paste as normal.

Have fun,

-Jeff
www.jjewell.com

Well, besides what everyone else said above, you can also use another method if you wish to quote multiple posts.

If you look at the top right hand corner of the post, you will see "quote: " with a checkbox next to it. If you check two or more posts, and then hit the "post reply" button, you will get both posts.

If you are just quoting one post, then simply press the "quote" button, which is next to the edit button.

there is a "Testing" forum now open where you can test all board features.....its in the Questions,Suggestion forum I believe.

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
[
If you are just quoting one post, then simply press the "quote" button, which is next to the edit button. [/B]

Ok I don't get the way to just quote the snipet i want, but i just deleted the part I didn't want to on this for practice measures.

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom