A great argument for drafting an OT in rd 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A great argument for drafting an OT in rd 1

Hold on now, I think there are a few people that have Smiley rated ahead of Andrews and make no mistake about it, Smiley will go in round one and if we want him we probably have to take him at 20.I know Andrews has talent but what are you guys gonna say if we take him and then he eats his way out of football?I'll trust Rick on this one. Whoever he takes I'll be happy with it as long as is not a corner.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by BSQX4
Blitz, What if Sean Taylor is sitting there?
you take him... if you can get a guy that will be a starter for years at #20, you take him.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Because only a fool would take a defensive player in round one IMO.

So, what your saying is anybody who doesn't agree with your opinion is a fool. Well, your opinion sucks. It is the basis for most of the worst draft picks in history. It is the same logic that the Raiders used when they picked OL and passed on Marino.

I disturbed a lot of fans in 2001 by predicting we would go for a CB in round 1. It seems we were both right. I called the pick and they were right it was the wrong pick though I would argue it was the wrong guy, NOT the wrong decision. That was where the value was in that draft.

There are 5-8 WR's with first round grades depending on who you read. If the lineman we want isn't available AND a trade down is not possible, I would expect us to go for one of those WR's at 20. I think RS is willing to start the season with Smith/James/McKinney/Whitely/Randall or St. Clair as the Oline. He would rather have Andrews or perhaps Carey if available but he will go for value and value at 20 is likely to be WR.

Back
Top Bottom